Notices

Banned | Posts: 388 | Thanked: 57 times | Joined on Mar 2010
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
Therefore, my question stands. Can you fire up Microb, log into Gmail via Microb and make calls via Microb using Google Voice?
I don't think you can call land/cell phones (fill the right term here) through Gmail neither regular Skype.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by gsever View Post
I don't think you can call land/cell phones (fill the right term here) through Gmail neither regular Skype.
Thank you for the answer. I do find the ability to call from Gmail to phones very attractive and useful.

I wonder if this will ever come out for Maemo or Android.

Last edited by gerbick; 2010-08-25 at 20:46. Reason: Didn't close the URL tags...

Posts: 139 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Connecticut, United States
Originally Posted by gsever View Post
You mean they don't register new users? I have a Gizmo account and can make outgoing calls through it. I didn't know there was a 3 minutes call limit. Is there a limit in receiving calls?
They don't register new users, existing users cannot change/ add google voice as the outgoing plan. There is no limit on incoming calls.
This is applied only when you have integrated your google voice with your gizmo account.

Ok the icon is there for me now. I was able to call my n900 and home phone. The quality is great and it shows incoming number as 1-700-... which is a US number.

Posts: 139 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Connecticut, United States
Originally Posted by aligatro View Post
Ok the icon is there for me now. I was able to call my n900 and home phone. The quality is great and it shows incoming number as 1-700-... which is a US number.
Did you call from microb?

Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
Thank you for the answer. I do find the ability to call from Gmail to phones very attractive and useful.
Sorry, I am a bit behind my RSS news, and didn't read the message all the way. Apparently, Google goes nuts once again

Now free incoming and outgoing US/Canada calls be made using Google Talk, meaning there won't be a need for Gizmo account.

Last edited by gsever; 2010-08-25 at 22:32.

Originally Posted by alienhead View Post
Did you call from microb?
Not possible, until google releases a plugin for armel.

Ooh and keep in mind that free calls are until the end of the year.

I'd test it but I can't seem to find it on my laptop (Windows 7) or the N900..

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

guys i recently tried making a call to US with google talk from my n900( i live in 7) but there was an error with my GV data code 20, but i was able to make this call from my pc. any pointer on how i can slove this.

cheers
oneil