Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Samsung Reportedly Tops Nokia In Mobile Devices

"The king is dead, long live the king! Ok, Nokia is far from dead, though Samsung may have stolen its throne, crown, and possibly girlfriend (http://goo.gl/eOERB). Declining sales from Nokia in the feature-phone market, failure to successfully make a dent with their Windows Phones, and unheard of success by Samsung, seems to have been enough to move Samsung into the top spot in sales. The question is this: will Nokia continue its plunge into irrelevance? Samsung certainly looks like it's still in great shape." --someone we know on Google+
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

It was only a matter of time I guess haha.

How do you like your GN? I am thinking of trying one seeing how they keep dropping in price every week.

The Following User Says Thank You to BlackWindEXE For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,583 | Thanked: 1,203 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Everywhere
all about time before nokia become a zombie, overtaken by m$?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ibrakalifa For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by BlackWindEXE View Post
It was only a matter of time I guess haha.

How do you like your GN? I am thinking of trying one seeing how they keep dropping in price every week.
I'm loving the device itself a lot, LOVE the new operating system even more but Verizon... ugh. I truly, truly wish I didn't bother renewing with Verizon as a carrier. Their network is technically excellent but the company fights tooth and nail to make SURE they get everything in their own best interest at the expense of everyone else and they end up pissing all over Google and us customers. I feel like I might not last until the end of my two-year contract... just pay up the penalty for leaving contract early and just go to another carrier that doesn't act so damned totalitarian. (The problem being there are very, very few national-sized carriers to choose from and they pretty much all are like that, more or less, thanks to very little regulation from the government in the name of consumers.)

The damned FCC is useless.

Anyway... as I said, Verizon crippling aside, I freaking LOVE the phone otherwise. REALLY fluid, fast and solid! Ice Cream Sandwich even fixed ALLLLLL my complaints about HID profiles--like wonderfully natural bluetooth mouse support and ALL the important keys on my bluetooth keyboards work in pretty much every terminal... like the escape, control, alt, etc. It's made my phone FAR more useful than my tablet running 2.3 (gingerbread) at this point!
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

The Following User Says Thank You to danramos For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
ACER announced ICS for the A500 and A100 April 27.

The Following User Says Thank You to geneven For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by danramos View Post
I'm loving the device itself a lot, LOVE the new operating system even more but Verizon... ugh. I truly, truly wish I didn't bother renewing with Verizon as a carrier. Their network is technically excellent but the company fights tooth and nail to make SURE they get everything in their own best interest at the expense of everyone else and they end up pissing all over Google and us customers. I feel like I might not last until the end of my two-year contract... just pay up the penalty for leaving contract early and just go to another carrier that doesn't act so damned totalitarian. (The problem being there are very, very few national-sized carriers to choose from and they pretty much all are like that, more or less, thanks to very little regulation from the government in the name of consumers.)

The damned FCC is useless.

Anyway... as I said, Verizon crippling aside, I freaking LOVE the phone otherwise. REALLY fluid, fast and solid! Ice Cream Sandwich even fixed ALLLLLL my complaints about HID profiles--like wonderfully natural bluetooth mouse support and ALL the important keys on my bluetooth keyboards work in pretty much every terminal... like the escape, control, alt, etc. It's made my phone FAR more useful than my tablet running 2.3 (gingerbread) at this point!
Thanks! Yeah I still really want one. Will probably wait for S3 to be released and see the Nexus drop to $400 or lower (it's currently at $430) since I won't want to drop all that cash for an S3 anyway.

Someone wants to trade me their GNex for my white n9. I don't really want to give up my N9 (especially because I waited forever for it), and also because the Gnex is constantly dropping in price and I know I will get one cheaper once the S3 releases. Tempting though...

Last edited by BlackWindEXE; 2012-04-20 at 03:06.

The Following User Says Thank You to BlackWindEXE For This Useful Post:
@danramos

I'm about to pull the trigger on a Galaxy Nexus, can you see any reason why I shouldn't?

Thanks in advance.

The Following User Says Thank You to daperl For This Useful Post:
Well, I went ahead anyway. If you're in the U.S., here's the link:

http://www.google.com/nexus/

Unlocked, direct from Google for $399.

Originally Posted by daperl View Post
Well, I went ahead anyway. If you're in the U.S., here's the link:

http://www.google.com/nexus/

Unlocked, direct from Google for $399.
At that price for a fully unlocked world phone with these specs.. hell, no--I can't find a reason not to! I wouldn't find a reason not to. I was almost tempted to buy this one just to have a GSM version.. but I had to keep reminding myself I already have one for LTE. Be sure to get a really nice bluetooth keyboard and/or mouse, too, and download "Terminal IDE" (free). It's INCREDIBLY good under Ice Cream Sandwich for ssh/scripting/etc.

Let me know how your experience goes and if you have any questions. ENJOY!

The Following User Says Thank You to danramos For This Useful Post:
Thanks for the info. Yeah, it seemed like a no-brainer. I've been off-contract for over 5 years now, and finding a desirable pentaband smartphone for my T-Mobile service hasn't left many choices. And now there's a rumor that an ICS version of the Note is coming to T-Mobile, which is interesting. I wonder if that will be a world phone/phablet thingy.

Tags
android envy, buzz..buzz buzz, core failure, crapdroid, galaxy fap, galaxy tab, ipad killer, samsung, tab trolls, tablet envy