Posts: 702 | Thanked: 2,059 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ UK
Originally Posted by Astaoth View Post
My CalDav implementation is SOGo, running on my own server.
It was a little tricky to set up my CalDav account on my Jolla phone (have to be a different account than the CardDav one) but it works fine.
Interesting. I wonder why that server implementation works and others don't. SOGo seems quite actively supported judging by the bugtracker. eg. a bug about events being an hour off was fixed the same day.

You're right about the joint CalDAV/CardDAV thing though. It really should be split out into two accounts.

The Following User Says Thank You to aegis For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
You are the second person I hear mentioning this. I never thought this would be even possible, considering how fussy the double-tap unlock is.
Ok, then let me add to that number. It actually happened twice to me that my Jolla was blocked because of too many failed unlock attempts when I removed it from the pocket. In the end, the solution was to put the phone into the pocket facing the other way (i.e. screen not facing towards my leg but away from it). So, there appear to be situations where it can happen.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to emgaron For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by emgaron View Post
Ok, then let me add to that number. It actually happened twice to me that my Jolla was blocked because of too many failed unlock attempts when I removed it from the pocket. In the end, the solution was to put the phone into the pocket facing the other way (i.e. screen not facing towards my leg but away from it). So, there appear to be situations where it can happen.
Happened to me too several times. Twice it even called emergency number in very awkward situations. Would have happened many more times if I did not remove the emergency call button after every update and stopped having max number of retries for device unlocking. Last time it locked permanently it even said, error too many digits, it was 123+ entered then on the eight attempt.
It is humidity and proximity related for sure since it is more frequently occurring in daytime light in Swedish summer heat ...
And to keep to the subject the switched order of device unlock screen and sim pin entry screen is good since I do not want anything to happen without unlocking firstly.

Last edited by ljo; 2015-09-22 at 16:59.

Since a few days (from when i applied coderus patch rotate homescreen), I am sometime able to use the settings shortcut when using the phone on landscape.... So it's already coded
Attached Images

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Baspar For This Useful Post:
This forum is going down the drain, so many ppl here complaining about oom behaviour, none came up with a solution? You want multitasking and no killing apps? Here:
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...75&postcount=6
No killing of higher pid apps.

Getting now tired of not being able to start your app (hey, no background killing, you wanted it, no android will save you unless you rewrite everything as service)? Increase swap:
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...83&postcount=7

I know some are used to multitasking one program at a time (you can't run modern browser and libreoffice at the same time with 1gb of ram, music in the background, lol, forget it), feel free to rewrite Qt to fit into 64kb demo, I'm sure oldboys will appreciate it. Did all people that offered tips and tricks and liked to tinker with their devices retire? I'm out for sure, last 40 pages in this thread can be summarized with: poster1: communication/poster2: oom, android rules, jolla sucks, bait, bait/troll3...
Can't even be bothered to check here anymore (is marc the messiah? jolla cannot survive without energetic spokeperson apparently, coding is not important, energy and awkward stage appearances make jolla kill), was good times though. Probably this thread should be moved to offtopic to not litter sidebar

The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to szopin For This Useful Post:
Posts: 654 | Thanked: 2,368 times | Joined on Jul 2014 @ UK
Originally Posted by aegis View Post
Each release they say they've fixed something in CalDAV yet my simple test of adding an entry on my Mac, which syncs to CalDAV fine never makes it to my Jolla, makes it but is 1 hour out, disappears on the next sync or vanishes when you edit it on the Jolla. It's got better - at one point you couldn't even get a list of calendars.

I watch the github buteo_sync pages hoping that one day there's a bug fixed for "Apple's CalDAV" or similar but there's never that much activity. It doesn't seem to be high priority even though it was IIRC top three on TJC before they declared it "implemented". I don't know which CalDAV implementation it supposedly works on but it's not OwnCloud, SabreDAV or iCloud.
Are you sure it's Jolla's CalDAV that's broken, and not something unusual about the way apple's CalDAV is implemeted?

I use ownCloud 8.1, haven't noticed any problems. It syncs fine with events created in the web interface, and both ways with AOSP calendar synced with DAVdroid, and both ways with requests created on the Jolla.

Also, sometimes more tinkering is required to get CalDAV/CardDAV/WebDAV working if you run ModSecurity on your server (or your host does...). I noticed that between all the different implementations of the various DAVs, I had to enable PROPFIND, REPORT, PUT and MKCOL in addition to the request methods allowed by default in the CRS.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Feathers McGraw For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Feathers McGraw View Post
Are you sure it's Jolla's CalDAV that's broken, and not something unusual about the way apple's CalDAV is implemeted?
Will be quite fun if the everywhere on this forum seen: 'jolla sucks because of caldav!!!! fix it nao!!!!' turns out to be a single user's lack of config skills. This is where tjc is ++, most of the threads on tmo dominated by few same names with same complaints over and over, how jolla is still around beats me

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to szopin For This Useful Post:
Posts: 654 | Thanked: 2,368 times | Joined on Jul 2014 @ UK
Forgot to metion, some caldav apps send custom content types in the request headers too (and don't send accept headers, and all kinds of protocol anomalies...)

I don't want to turn this into a modsecurity thread, but this might be enough to solve some of the *DAV problems that people are having. If anyone wants more info, just shout.

The following custom rule in modsecurity_crs_15_customrules.conf will sort out most of the issues:

Code:
# calDAV / cardDAV / webDAV use PROPFIND, REPORT, PUT and MKCOL
# change allowed methods for ownCloud to avoid false positive with 960032
# in crs_30_http_policy. list of allowed methods is set in file
# modsecurity_crs_10_setup.conf, rule id:'900012'
# add "application/octet-stream" to allowed_request_content_type for ownCloud
# file uploads, and "text/calendar" for caldav

SecRule REQUEST_URI "@beginsWith /owncloud/remote.php" \
"id:'000002', \
phase:1, \
t:none, \
setvar:'tx.allowed_methods=GET HEAD POST OPTIONS PROPFIND REPORT PUT MKCOL', \
setvar:'tx.allowed_request_content_type=application/x-www-form-urlencoded|multipart/
form-data|text/xml|application/xml|application/x-amf|application/json|application/octe
t-stream|text/calendar', \
nolog, \
pass"
You'll also want to enable the xml parser for the content body of these requests, or all of the SQLi rules in the CRS will s#!t the bed because of all the "<" and ">" and other special chars... this rule can go in the same file:

Code:
# turn on the XML processor for webdav, caldav and carddav requests
SecRule REQUEST_URI "@rx ^/owncloud/remote.php/(webdav|caldav|carddav)" \
"chain,id:'000090',phase:1,t:none,t:lowercase,pass,nolog"
SecRule REQUEST_METHOD "@rx (PROPFIND|REPORT)" \
"ctl:requestBodyProcessor=XML"
Been meaning to write all this up properly in a tutorial, may do that soon.

Last edited by Feathers McGraw; 2015-09-21 at 20:44. Reason: typos

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Feathers McGraw For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,195 | Thanked: 2,708 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hanoi
Really dislike the push button cover actions that have replaced the once glorious swipe cover actions without option to choose between two modes.

-->> My minimized voice recorder app was recording for hours.

With swipe cover actions I would not start recording accidentally just like that.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ste-phan For This Useful Post:
About the cover swipe actions, I don't know how it would work when vertical swipe is already in use with switching between apps and notifications screens. Maybe if changing screens was restricted to edge swipes only, but I don't know how it would be received by newbies. Last thing we want is Symbian kind of screen changing where change happens only after the swipe is finished (back in time they said it was designed like that on purpose, but resulted in endless scorn about Symbian being unable to have smooth transaction...).

Maybe swipe cover actions should be made a configurable option...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JulmaHerra For This Useful Post: