Closed Thread
Jaffa/ MohammedAG

Not sure if this is a ''closed'' app but as a future developement I wonder if there is any prospect of the upper task bar being visible when using the inbuilt browser in protrait mode. As at present to view it younhave to revert to landscape mode than back to protrait again to carry on using the browers.

There seems plenty of space on the screen for an upper taskbar and so I am not sure why Nokia never included it in the first place.

Posts: 15 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Australia
Originally Posted by droitwichgas View Post
Jaffa/ MohammedAG

Not sure if this is a ''closed'' app but as a future developement I wonder if there is any prospect of the upper task bar being visible when using the inbuilt browser in protrait mode. As at present to view it younhave to revert to landscape mode than back to protrait again to carry on using the browers.

There seems plenty of space on the screen for an upper taskbar and so I am not sure why Nokia never included it in the first place.
not sure if its open but there is a work around to have the task bar show in portrait

1. Open the browser open options>settings
2. Then untick "enable rotation"
3. have forcerotation=1 in your transitions.ini

then when you flip to portrait the taskbar will be at the top of the screen the downside is that the bookmarks button is off screen

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to -L- For This Useful Post:
i havent been around to tune in to this thread since it started, might i ask, is there already a stable patch for a portrait keyboard? one that i just download as a .deb or a patch from a repository? not the ones already in the the repositories but rather an awesome onscreen keypad that shows up when you turn the orientation of your phone to portrait. it doesnt have to come with anything else, just a portrait keypad for emailing.

Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate
is it me or does reboot not work anymore?

Posts: 601 | Thanked: 549 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Redditch, UK
Originally Posted by bulelet View Post
i havent been around to tune in to this thread since it started, might i ask, is there already a stable patch for a portrait keyboard? one that i just download as a .deb or a patch from a repository? not the ones already in the the repositories but rather an awesome onscreen keypad that shows up when you turn the orientation of your phone to portrait. it doesnt have to come with anything else, just a portrait keypad for emailing.
Theres one already built in but it's QWERTY making it slightly difficult to use. I personally use FastSMSEvo from the repos, making it an alpha-numeric keypad. The only problem is (potentially only with me) that it doesn't always load first time and you need to do some jiggery-pokery to get it to pop up.

Posts: 968 | Thanked: 663 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Australia (Melbourne/vic) / Lebanon (Zgharta/north)
everything is wroking great, the 2 coloms task manager is working great now .

Posts: 1,397 | Thanked: 2,126 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Dublin, Ireland
Originally Posted by f2thak View Post
is it me or does reboot not work anymore?
It stopped working to me when I installed kernel power.

Posts: 417 | Thanked: 200 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Germany
same here.

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
What SHOULD happen as a compromise on the donation issue is that the Council should set up a donation fund for this project and others. Then it wouldn't be something the developers would need to worry about. Or would developers start quitting if anyone spent money anywhere on anything? For example, I was planning to go to the grocery story today -- would that kill the project?

The Following User Says Thank You to geneven For This Useful Post:
Posts: 896 | Thanked: 978 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Greece, Athens
Originally Posted by MohammadAG View Post
Just one question, what do you think of the rate of updates?
it's great. keep it up!!

Closed Thread

Tags
community ssu, f**k nokia, fremantle, maemo 5, nokia-who?, portrait mode, rotate, task-switcher, update, upgrade