Notices

and mostly m getting dis

"addr_me_cs_addtocontacts"
QSqlDatabasePrivate::removeDatabase: connection 'qt_sql_default_connection' is still in use, all queries will cease to work.

wen applock will b completely ready?

Posts: 92 | Thanked: 92 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Stellenbosch, South Africa
Hi BrokenSmile,
That "sudo" command may not be installed on your N900. In that case, make sure you have suduser tools installed before running it.
You could also try running "sudo gainroot" before entering "initctl emit AppLockStartDaemon"

In other news, the GUI is going to take a bit longer as I have decided to teach myself QML on this project. Will keep you all updated with the progress when there is something to show for it.

Hi thankz alot .... now its working cool.... but wen i try to lock Keyboard Launch Monitor - Pressing a number key on your deskto
with code
~ $ run dbus-send --dest=com.sierrasoftworks.AppLock /com/sierrasoftworks/AppLock com.sierrasoftworks.AppLock.Daemon.AddSearch string:PhoneKeypress string:session string:"type='method_call',interface='com.nokia.Ca llUI',member='ShowDialpad'
>
i try direct code and and added run and dat code but its not working and i even try wid applock --add it is also not working ... so plz say abt keyboard lock thankz in advance

Alright, just so you guys don't think I've forgotten you, here are some screenshots of the UI that will be bundled with v0.3.0
It may be refined a bit in the days to come but this will probably be what it looks like. Most of the UI is functional, and it loads the .desktop files successfully.

I have also added GNU gettext support for getting application names, replacing the hardcoded list. Although there are a few apps that are being difficult with regards to that, Ovi Store and the User Guide are the two main culprits.

I am also looking at implementing a file system that allows you to specify an override for certain applications like Contacts and Phone which need to monitor more than one DBus call.

Then I still need to write up the new Service file parsing code, hopefully plugging a few small holes.

Anyway, without further ado, the images:

This is a the main screen, all written in QML with some nice kinetic scrolling effects.

And the app properties dialog. This appears when you click on an app. Similar to the standard Maemo dialogs, when you tap out of it it gets hidden.
Also, QML based with a nice slide-in/slide-out effect

Also, the UI is all multithreaded, so it should remain responsive while doing background work like loading the .desktop files.
Attached Images

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to SPARTAN563 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 472 | Thanked: 195 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ India, Mumbai
Originally Posted by SPARTAN563 View Post
Alright, just so you guys don't think I've forgotten you, here are some screenshots of the UI that will be bundled with v0.3.0
It may be refined a bit in the days to come but this will probably be what it looks like. Most of the UI is functional, and it loads the .desktop files successfully.

I have also added GNU gettext support for getting application names, replacing the hardcoded list. Although there are a few apps that are being difficult with regards to that, Ovi Store and the User Guide are the two main culprits.

I am also looking at implementing a file system that allows you to specify an override for certain applications like Contacts and Phone which need to monitor more than one DBus call.

Then I still need to write up the new Service file parsing code, hopefully plugging a few small holes.

Anyway, without further ado, the images:

This is a the main screen, all written in QML with some nice kinetic scrolling effects.

And the app properties dialog. This appears when you click on an app. Similar to the standard Maemo dialogs, when you tap out of it it gets hidden.
Also, QML based with a nice slide-in/slide-out effect

Also, the UI is all multithreaded, so it should remain responsive while doing background work like loading the .desktop files.

when is the realize of update

The Following User Says Thank You to cutehunk04 For This Useful Post:
Hiiii is it ready now!

@brokensmile: Try running
Code:
sudo gainroot
apt-get update
If it says that there is a new version of AppLock available, then it is ready. Until then I am working on it.

@Everyone else:
Status update, I am busy trying to fix a bug in the daemon that causes it to crash when I add a DBus monitor from the UI. This may/may not be a limitation of libdbus and I will look into it. If it is a problem with libdbus then I will have to restart the daemon after each set of locks is added. That shouldn't be a major problem since I will just add a "Save" or "Restart Daemon" button to the UI. It just results in a slightly longer period between clicking save and having the changes take effect.

I am also working on displaying the current lock status of an application as an icon in the list to make it easier for you to view the currently locked items, I may also add a set of filters.

The UI has also been modified a bit, it now shows icons for the applications in the list as well as in the details view and it has been turned into a fullscreen application (supposedly that improves the performance of QML apps).

@spartan
i tried to update many times but still i dint get update waiting for it ....

Originally Posted by brokensmile View Post
@spartan
i tried to update many times but still i dint get update waiting for it ....
That is because there isn't an update yet... When there is one it will appear as an update and I will post it here. Wait patiently until that time