Settings -> Reset -> Restore Settings did the trick for me. Just have to do your settings afterwards no other things lost.

Tracker all over!!

Had these stupid issues on the N900, and even so on the N9.

Tracker was just never correctly made for Maemo/MeeGo.. Has irritated me repeatedly. Sometimes you just have to do a full tracker refresh to fix it and start fresh

This has starting happening quite a bit to me recently, making me consider a different phone for my main device and keeping the N9 as my plaything

Code:
tracker-control -r

N900 Died Replaced with N8, Requested E7, "Accidentally Broke E7", Now rolling with an N9 and im loving it!

My Contributions

N900 Conversations Wiki Page

Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
The link points to here.

I'm in the terminal currently, one hour of hope left.

Originally Posted by godofwar424 View Post
Tracker all over!!

Had these stupid issues on the N900, and even so on the N9.

Tracker was just never correctly made for Maemo/MeeGo.. Has irritated me repeatedly. Sometimes you just have to do a full tracker refresh to fix it and start fresh

This has starting happening quite a bit to me recently, making me consider a different phone for my main device and keeping the N9 as my plaything

Code:
tracker-control -r
Did not solve the problem unfortunately. :/

Thanks for the tip Luke_dirtwalker. I'll give it a try but as a last resort, 'cause I don't really remember all the stuff I changed in the settings. It would be ideal to just reset conversations.

Originally Posted by Kabouik View Post
Did not solve the problem unfortunately. :/

Thanks for the tip Luke_dirtwalker. I'll give it a try but as a last resort, 'cause I don't really remember all the stuff I changed in the settings. It would be ideal to just reset conversations.
Alright, backup your contacts and any important texts then open up x-term!

THE FOLLOWING WILL DELETE ALL YOUR CONTACTS AND MESSAGES! MAKE SURE YOU LISTEN TO THE BACKUP ADVICE ABOVE!

Code:
devel-su 
rootme
tracker-control -e
/sbin/reboot
Let the phone restart, give it a minute or two to get its bearings, then start up your Messages app and test out a text

N900 Died Replaced with N8, Requested E7, "Accidentally Broke E7", Now rolling with an N9 and im loving it!

My Contributions

Last edited by godofwar424; 2012-08-07 at 18:13.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to godofwar424 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
Well then I've a solution for you

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=85924
You just linked back to this thread ya numpty

My Contributions

Well, it worked, thanks a lot! But now... How do I reimport my contacts from the exported file?

Well, it worked, thanks a lot! But now... How do I reimport my contacts from the exported file?
God only knows :P

I use Mail for Exchange to sync contacts :s

Use Nokia Suite and put the exported file onto your phone that way?? :P

What format is the file?

My Contributions

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Well the numpty has corrected the link on the first page for the importing of contacts

The Following User Says Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
If you use native export contacts function from N9, all the contacts should be saved as vcf individually under /home/user/MyDocs/Contacts

You can fire up xterm and do the following
cd /home/user/MyDocs/Contacts
cat *.vcf > filename.vcf

Then you should have one vcf containing all the contacts you export.
Use file browser navigate to that vcf file and tap it, select all to import then it should be good.

Hope I remember that correctly

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bnwg For This Useful Post: