I finally got the n810 IT2008 update run last night and now I am slowly getting applications reinstalled. I am getting some downloads that fail and I know this would be the download timing out. I am however getting a seperate error sometimes with a Popup dialog that says the Install file was corrupt. Does anyone know what is causing this or if its related to the current traffic on the repos.?

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Probably the corrupt file is another one that didn't download completely. It could be something else that the developer messed up or you did.

Posts: 449 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Apr 2006 @ Eureka, CA
I am seeing this too. I also can't get the repository to properly refresh. Must be traffic related. This is using a fresh reflash of the latest 2008 w/out reinstating a backup. The first thing I tried was canola2 and it won't install. I get a gzip magic error. What is this - D&D?

Just give up on installing anything over the net from the app manager for the next few months. Seems Nokia/Maemo aren't taking it seriously enough when it comes to bandwidth.

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Ive installed MANY things using the App Manager, so saying it can't be done is a preposterous exaggeration.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
I think it should have been read as "Can't install anything right now"... I have updates for Skype and Pidgin that I can't even download at 12k filesize without it erroring out.

In fact, I've errored out so much that I'm waiting on a day/method to basically fully wipe my machine totally clean and start anew 100%.

Posts: 3,401 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ London, UK
Originally Posted by geneven View Post
Ive installed MANY things using the App Manager, so saying it can't be done is a preposterous exaggeration.
Exaggeration maybe, but not that wide of the mark.

The extras repository for me is still off limits and has been since the day of the release, so this significantly limits what I can install. It's consistent the same error, which is either due to lack of bandwidth and a timeout occuring, or the web server is screwed up due to 3 days of continuous load and needs a reboot. Even through a browser the extras repository is inaccessible.

Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
Originally Posted by iball View Post
Just give up on installing anything over the net from the app manager for the next few months. Seems Nokia/Maemo aren't taking it seriously enough when it comes to bandwidth.
Hyperbole doesn't help here. Yes, there's a big issue with bandwidth for the Garage, Nokia repos, and tablets-dev, but it will not be lasting for the "next few months".

Posts: 3,401 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ London, UK
Originally Posted by GeneralAntilles View Post
Hyperbole doesn't help here. Yes, there's a big issue with bandwidth for the Garage, Nokia repos, and tablets-dev, but it will not be lasting for the "next few months".
Not months, but possibly a week or two longer. With nobody acknowledging or taking ownership of the current problems - which may be due to corrupted caches/servers as much as limited bandwidth - and with Christmas coming up, and maemo.org doing a good impression of the Mary Celeste, it's quite possible that normal service won't be resumed for at least another week when someone returns to the office and cycles the server.

Posts: 2,869 | Thanked: 1,784 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Po' Bo'. PA
Look for an "apt.archive" folder or some such on your memory cards and delete this along with clearing the "log" file in app manager then retry...
I avoided most of the repository mess by downloading the files for all my non-dependent debs manually from the apps garage homepages.
I snagged canola through the repository system yesterday morning @ 05:30 EST in about 20 minutes.

BTW, I also suspect many peeps have previously gone to Gronmayers list and simply selected "all" whether they needed the repo's or not... this may have exasperated the problem. IDKFS

Last edited by YoDude; 2007-12-21 at 10:15.