Active Topics

^ is
Code:
dead_circumflex
Just remember, to hit it twice, or hit space after it - dead_circumflex can be also used "mixed" with some other letters. Personally, I got it binded for lvl4 'm' key.

May it be, that You can use 'circumflex' to get instant version, without need for space - but, this way You loose ability to mix it with other characters. I haven't tested it with 'circumflex', just 'dead_circumflex'.
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Last edited by Estel; 2011-09-20 at 05:46.

The Following User Says Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
^ is
Code:
dead_circumflex
Just remember, to hit it twice, or hit space after it - dead_circumflex can be also used "mixed" with some other letters. Personally, I got it binded for lvl4 'm' key.

May it be, that You can use 'circumflex' to get instant version, without need for space - but, this way You loose ability to mix it with other characters. I javen't tested it with 'circumflex', just 'dead_circumflex'.
Thanks, I first tried circumflex but it did not seem to work. dead_circumflex worked fine. One just has to press twice as you said. Comes in handy if you want to make an exponent in latex.

EDIT: If you prefer to not press twice you can use asciicircum instead of dead_circumflex

Last edited by mscion; 2011-09-20 at 03:02.

The Following User Says Thank You to mscion For This Useful Post:
You're right, same apply for 'asciitilde' and 'dead_tilde'.

Anyway, yesterday I got my lovely mini keyboard (USB), and it's working fine out of the box in Maemo (thanks to the H-E-N and extkbd). Ho ever, in Ed I can use only basic keys (letter with shift), no number, special characters etc. I remember qole has posted about using BT-HD scripts, ho ever, I would like to stay with extkbd, due to super-compatibility with all my devices (and almost literally every other device). Is there a way to use it properly, from within LXDE? I suspect it got something to do with keyboard layout from Ed not matching one from Maemo, but no idea further.

Also, qole (or others knowledgeable) - is there a relative simply way to "clone" hardware keyboard mapping (those of N900 hardware keyboard) from Maemo to ED's '.xbindkeysrc'?
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Posts: 915 | Thanked: 3,209 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Germany
Ho ever, in Ed I can use only basic keys (letter with shift), no number, special characters etc. I remember qole has posted about using BT-HD scripts, ho ever, I would like to stay with extkbd, due to super-compatibility with all my devices (and almost literally every other device). Is there a way to use it properly, from within LXDE?
The easiest way I could think of would be to extract a generic keyboard layout from another Linux computer and add that to your Maemo's rx-51 file. This way switching between N900's special keyboard layout and a generic one (like on your BT keyboard) would be as easy as changing keyboard layouts in Maemo. Unfortunately I have no BT keyboard so I can't test that.

Also, qole (or others knowledgeable) - is there a relative simply way to "clone" hardware keyboard mapping (those of N900 hardware keyboard) from Maemo to ED's '.xbindkeysrc'?
One could write a script that parses the rx-51 file contents and translates them into a xbindkeys definition. That shouldn't be hard from a technical point of view but it will require some effort to do it correctly.

The Following User Says Thank You to sulu For This Useful Post:
Posts: 37 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Polska
You're right, same apply for 'asciitilde' and 'dead_tilde'.

Anyway, yesterday I got my lovely mini keyboard (USB), and it's working fine out of the box in Maemo (thanks to the H-E-N and extkbd). Ho ever, in Ed I can use only basic keys (letter with shift), no number, special characters etc. I remember qole has posted about using BT-HD scripts, ho ever, I would like to stay with extkbd, due to super-compatibility with all my devices (and almost literally every other device). Is there a way to use it properly, from within LXDE? I suspect it got something to do with keyboard layout from Ed not matching one from Maemo, but no idea further.

hello

command helped me Xterminal (synchroot), mounted in debian chroot.
You will have full support for keyboard.
It is also the problem of hardware based keyboard n900 in easy debian pc will be mapped to 105 (numbers and will not fn +) EXTKBD problem is the package.
I had to uninstall extkbd and give the command to fix synchroot easy debian hardware based keyboard.
I tried to fix it by copying files from my laptop xkb ubuntu on which the keyboard works. nothing helped
I think that the only solution is to modifications to rx 51
all the time I try to get a fully functional keyboard maemo / easy debian tried bluetooth (chinook, bt-script, extkbd). Was the best bt-script, but he introduced changes in the maemo keyboard.

big thanks to people working in the easy debian
Qole sad with bt-script has been suspended

I just played a bit with the xfe file manager. It might be a good replacement for pcmanfm. It's a long time since I've worked under Windows but xfe reminds me a bit of total commander.

However, there's a small bug in xfe when running on openbox: It somehow doesn't correctly read the openbox desktop borders which leads to the problem that the window is misplaced and the window decoration bar is above the upper screen edge.
That can be solved by checking the option "remember position" in the xfe preferences (that dialogue will also be misplaced) and maximizing the xfe window before closing it.
To maximize it I called this wmctrl command:
Code:
sleep 5; wmctrl -r :ACTIVE: -e 0,30,30,350,350
It gave me 5 seconds time to switch to the xfe window, moved it to a position where I could reach the window buttons and I pressed the maximize button.
From now on the xfe main window should be correctly placed.

While you're at it take the chance to adapt the rest of the xfe options. For example one-click open is a very nice feature on a stylus device and you might want to change some associations of file types with applications. For example I neither like the image viewer nor the text editor that comes with xfe. Therefore I changed those associations to geeqie and leafpad.

Last edited by sulu; 2011-09-23 at 12:10.

The Following User Says Thank You to sulu For This Useful Post:
Easy Debian portrait mode:

Some of you have surely tried to switch Easy Debian to portrait mode with a command like this:
Code:
xrandr --output default --rotation right
In principle this works but unfortunately the mouse movement isn't adjusted accordingly by xephyr so using Easy Debian becomes a challenging mental exercise.
Fortunately some clever guy (thanks a lot!) submitted a patch to fix this bug [1]. I had a look at the source code of different xephyr Debian packages and found that the fix is already included in version 1.11 which is unfortunately only available in Wheezy and Sid. I just got rid of one release mix and didn't want to start a new one. So I patched the xserver-xephyr package from squeeze-backports (currently 1.10) and have a perfectly working mouse cursor in portrait mode now.
(Yes, I also tried to patch the squeeze package (1.7) but that would have required further patches and I was too lazy to sort that out.)

@qole:
If you think this might be useful I'll send you the patched package.

[1] https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=37331

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sulu For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,522 | Thanked: 392 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ São Paulo, Brazil
I reflashed and managed to install ED this time; still having issues getting Maemo Synaptic to install though, same issue, sgml-data not found in the repos...

edit: I figured it out, i had to add the SDK repository, sgml-data can be found there

Last edited by TiagoTiago; 2011-10-08 at 06:43.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TiagoTiago For This Useful Post:
I need some help here.While trying to modify my LXDE panels on my N900 i made some mistakes and can no loger see the usual icons and tne panels. .Can someone tell me what i can do to restore or revert to the defult LXDE panel ?

Posts: 579 | Thanked: 471 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Austria
Originally Posted by Iyanyola View Post
I need some help here.While trying to modify my LXDE panels on my N900 i made some mistakes and can no loger see the usual icons and tne panels. .Can someone tell me what i can do to restore or revert to the defult LXDE panel ?
The Wiki has some instructions on how to recreate the panels.

A simple possibility is to re-install the easy-deb-chroot package (leaving the image in place). This should overwrite the relevant /home/user/.config files.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rebhana For This Useful Post:

Tags
beta, debian, easy debian, extras-devel, fremantle, i <3 qole, squeeze