Active Topics

Posts: 32 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Germany
Hello there!

Since a few days ago i got an error message from my "mail for exchange" microsoft hotmail Account without any changes at configuration. The message says "sync with mfe server not possible"

Is this a known problem and has anyone maybe a solution for this?

Posts: 649 | Thanked: 762 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ Ohio
Originally Posted by Lirion View Post
Hello there!

Since a few days ago i got an error message from my "mail for exchange" microsoft hotmail Account without any changes at configuration. The message says "sync with mfe server not possible"

Is this a known problem and has anyone maybe a solution for this?
I currently am not having any issues with my Hotmail mfe account.

I've also just hit problems syncing with mail for exchange today. Seems to have eaten up my contacts also.

I was half-way through writting a text message, suddenly the contact pic card went blank and the contact name changed to the number rather than the contact name. Going back to the contacts apps, most of the contacts had disappeared and I could no longer sync with exchange. Weird.

Same thing has happened to me. My hotmail mfe is no longer syncing and all my contacts are slowly disappearing. Does anyone know how to fix this?

I deleted & re-added my account, then went through the whole memailsettings things again. Seems to be working, although it didnt sync up my old calendar events

Originally Posted by genchigenbutsu View Post
I deleted & re-added my account, then went through the whole memailsettings things again. Seems to be working, although it didnt sync up my old calendar events
I have just done the same. Such a pain, the N9 had such potential and it really has turned me off from getting a none mainstream operating system phone.

Posts: 702 | Thanked: 2,059 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ UK
Originally Posted by Lumiaman View Post
Same here. The worst email client in the history of smartphones. I am afraid that Jolla will be no different, since same guys are working on it.
Plenty worse IME - anything on Symbian (UIQ excepted), Android's IMAP client.

Other than message counts not working for me, ever, on the N9, I've had very little issues with IMAP based email on the N9, MfE contact syncing and CalDAV calendar sync. I'd love to ditch the MfE contact sync for CardDAV but that's not in the N9.

The problem it seems with third party cloud services like hotmail, outlook or google is they're continuously changing protocols. Something like the N9 which has essentially been cast aside by it's manufacturer doesn't get the support when protocols change.

With Jolla, it seems unlikely that will happen as they aren't likely to switch to an entirely different OS and discard all their developers as the N9's parent did.

The Following User Says Thank You to aegis For This Useful Post:
Posts: 38 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Oct 2012 @ Dhaka
Is there any push mail service for MSN, Hotmail like we used in Symbian OS?

Sigh. Got my new N9 yesterday and I knew learning a new system from Symbian was going to be a chore but this has been more than I expected.

As a long time smartphone user, I have always used Outlook on my laptop & synced to my phone. Apparently that is no longer an option. I went back to my Nokia Suite & got contacts from my N8 on there but it wouldn't do calendar. So then I Bluetoothed my N8 & N9 contact/calendar together. So at least now I am up to date.

However, I liked having a backup on my PC so I followed the steps and dl MeMail & the Hotmail mail works fine but the contacts/calendar are not syncing from my phone into the Hotmail account.

Does anyone have a way to get these off my phone & on somewhere else - anywhere else? I just like to have 2 copies for backup purposes.

Thanks!

Edited to Say: Found an older version of Nokia Suite that works: 3.8.48! So much happier now w/ my N9 purchase.
Now if I can just figure out how to get rid of the camera shutter sound (CameraPro only works on still shots, not video) ...........

Last edited by Nokia69; 2013-11-12 at 02:09.

Posts: 1,648 | Thanked: 2,122 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ UNKLE's Never Never Land
Sorry to all for the OT.

Originally Posted by Nokia69 View Post
Now if I can just figure out how to get rid of the camera shutter sound (CameraPro only works on still shots, not video) ...........
See here: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=89278

Tags
attachments, email, issues, mail exchange, nokia n9, nokia n950