I had installed power-kernel because I wanted use Qt Mobile Hotspot. Now later my phone started to act up, camera didn't work and the phone kept loosing connection to my sim card, so I presume something went wrong when I installed P-K. I now know this was not the case.

I uninstalled P-K according to the instructions(using x-terminal and installing nokia kernel) and that lead to boot loop. I've been trying to reflash my phone, but for some reason when I attach my phone to the USB mini cable I get error when the device starts installing drivers, so the flasher never does detect the connection and thus never even starts the process. I have enabled so called "test mode" in my windows where unsigned drivers should work(says so on my screens lower right corner), since there seems to be some issues with 64bit windows, atleast thats what I read.

I'm lost here can anybody give me any instructions?

Last edited by CainStar; 2013-07-01 at 13:30.

Posts: 236 | Thanked: 223 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ switzerland
Hey,

Seems you are now maybe missing a kernel to boot

Be sure your phone is charged enough. let it charge few hours if needed.

On your computer start the command line and navigate to your flasher directory.

Shut down the phone, open its keyboard, press the U button. While pressing it, connect the USB cable.

Once the phone is on the NOKIA screen with USB symbol on the top right corner, run the following command in the command line on your computer:

flasher-3.5.exe -F <firmware-image> --flash-only=kernel -f -R

Where you have to replace <firmware-image> by your file name.

Wait to finish.

First let me say I already knew about the U key+usb cable thing.

So tried what you suggest Mitrigol and same thing happened as some many times. The phone is off, I start pressing U key, I attach USB cable and a dim nokia logo with USB icon in the right upper corner appears, and nothing, flasher just sits there "suitable device not found, waiting". It doesn't matter if I execute the flasher before or after inserting the USB cable. Also I get this when the phone tries to install drivers "Nokia Usb ROM - Not Found".

Where you already able to flash your phone from the same computer before (As i understand you have win x64?)?

If not, connect your phone on the computer, open Device Manager and check for the not properly installed hardware (which obviously should be the nokia) right click and select uninstall. Be carfeul to check the "also delete all drivers" option available at removal.

Then follow this process to install on win x64 properly:
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...2&postcount=14

Then retry to flash the kernel.

I bow at your feet oh great Mitrigol saving my kingdom and rescuing the princess.

That thread you pointed me to did the trick.

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU

This is issue is solved.

The Following User Says Thank You to CainStar For This Useful Post:
You are welcome, always glad to be able to help

Originally Posted by CainStar View Post
I bow at your feet oh great Mitrigol saving my kingdom and rescuing the princess.

That thread you pointed me to did the trick.

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU

This is issue is solved.
Maybe you should use the thanks button !

Posts: 2,290 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ UK
Under no circumstance should you remove a kernel with terminal.
There is a icon in the applications list to reinstall the Nokia Kernel.

As you found out you had removed Kernel Power and not installed the original Nokia Kernel, this means reflash time.

Wiki Admin
sixwheeledbeast's wiki
Testing Squad Subscriber
- mcallerx - tenminutecore - FlopSwap - Qnotted - zzztop - Bander - Fight2048 -

Before posting or starting a thread please try this.