Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
Originally Posted by kinggo View Post
And I live in a place where even laptops with localized backlit keyborad does not exist. Only english variant with printed croatian letters. And that is not exactly usable in the dark.
Weird, I live with a Croatian and I seem to remember her former Acer laptop had a Croatian keyboard, with differences compared to a classic ANSI English keyboard. Or was it just Croatian keycaps on a non-Croatian ANSI layout? Maybe I'm mistaken. Anyway that was not a backlit keyboard, just a low end Acer disposable laptop.

I forced her to switch to ANSI Qwerty and US International (which I did too, from ISO Azerty, and now my life is better). She didn't do the transition so well though, now I'm better at typing Croatian characters than she is, even if I have no use for it since I only know the big words.

All that just to say that the transition to ANSI Qwerty for non-English speakers is totally possible thanks to US International. It might be a rocky road, but the reward once used to it is really something (more characters, more flexibility, more devices). Not everyone will like it of course (especially if having multiple devices, then it is mandatory to be able to type without looking at the keys), and not everyone will want to go through the learning curve. That's totally understandable, but doing so opens new horizons.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kabouik For This Useful Post:
Posts: 943 | Thanked: 3,228 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Zagreb
Non backlit are norm here, but as you noticed, they are not exactly standard ones. I used so many different form factors and layouts so I really don't care about position of a few characters. I get why that might be a problem for someone who types the whole day but on a mobile device.....

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kinggo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,478 | Thanked: 9,871 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Shanghai / London
@kinggo It has backlight. (Update: just read the previous msg it's not about this device. Sorry )

@sslmm: Double tap to wake is supported. (Under Android)

The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to chenliangchen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 339 | Thanked: 1,623 times | Joined on Oct 2013 @ France
I finally pre-ordered.
Found it funny that having a phone number is a mandatory field to order a phone, isn't there an egg and chicken problem ?

Anyway, pre-order numbers are now in the 17 400 range, more than 12 600 since the first numbers we have seen on this forum (~4800).

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Zeta For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by Zeta View Post
Anyway, pre-order numbers are now in the 17 400 range, more than 12 600 since the first numbers we have seen on this forum (~4800).
You think it means anything?

That trick has been known for at least 75 years.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 339 | Thanked: 1,623 times | Joined on Oct 2013 @ France
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
Yes, it means that preorder numbers are now in the range 17400.

Did I say anything else ? Never spoke of devices if you paid attention

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Zeta For This Useful Post:
#3 - and enough chars here...

"Gods have mercy. Cats don't..." <- Kaotik@iotech

The Following User Says Thank You to catbus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 3,980 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ USA

That trick has been known for at least 75 years.
I thought of my first checkbook -- the banker asked what number I wanted to start on. "Why not 1," 14-year-old me asked? "No one takes the first check someone writes," the banker told me.

(If you need closure on that anecdote, I started on 401.)

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to robthebold For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by Zeta View Post
Yes, it means that preorder numbers are now in the range 17400.
Yes, and I maintain that it does not mean anything at all. The actual number of orders could be 5. Or 264,137. Or, indeed, 17,400. It all depends on how those numbers are allocated.

You are making an assumption. An assumption that order numbers are a) sequential and b) starting from 1. None of which has been officially confirmed.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,092 | Thanked: 4,995 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ beautiful cave
Yes, and I maintain that it does not mean anything at all. The actual number of orders could be 5.
Well, five is impossible. We have already more people here in the forum, who have ordered.

Everything else is right.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Fellfrosch For This Useful Post:

Tags
a good rabbit, fxtec, hwkbd, keyboard, livermorium, n950 revival, never gives up, qwerty, readyfx, silly rabbit