Hey guys, i wanted to know about the future of the apps used for communication on the N9

Question 1. Does the Wazapp client still work?

I have a friend whom i talked into getting the N9. He loves it. But his Wazapp has stopped for some reason after updating it to v0.9.22. I know there's Presecute. With all due respect to Coderus *i appreciate your efforts*. But i like the Wazapp UI. If i get the registration code by putting my sim in an Android. Would it work? Or has Wazapp been shut completely?

Question 2: Would the communication apps be unusable after sometime?

In my earlier thread http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=92031 'eviloar' said 'I also don't think gtalk will work at all on this (if not now, definitely in the future).' So my question is wil it stop working completely or would there be no updates? I don't care about the updates. But it should work.

Note: Its Nexus 5 vs Nokia N9 for me at the moment. But the experience i had using the N9 is unparalled. Its magnificent. Its like a sportscar, a timeless rare piece. It for me is to 'Unfollow' the droids & apples. We're our own league.

Last edited by ajrpai; 2013-12-24 at 06:19. Reason: urgent info needed

Posts: 176 | Thanked: 117 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ California
1.) Wazapp nightly build 35 is working just fine for me. Use the registrarion link found on the Wazapp thread to register.

2.) The future for the N9 has been bleak since before its release. API's will change eventually, things won't be compatible and things will cease to "work." It's up to individuals to make the necessary fixes and updates when that does happen. I can't say for certain who would, can you?

Nexus 5 will definitely be more "futureproof" than the N9. Which one should you get? That's up to you.