Active Topics

Posts: 1,411 | Thanked: 1,330 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Tatooine
Originally Posted by SubCore View Post
No, but linking to a solution probably will be
Here's a link. No, it's not against any rules.

"inofficial" software to do that usually implements some circumvention method which might be considered illegal in some countries - namely the US. (reverse engineering, DMCA)
Are you implying that you consider forbidding related discussion acceptable? DMCA can be easily abused to prevent free speech (such as even a discussion of circumvention tools). If some weird lawyer does that, it can be expected. But not for someone on this forum I hope.

Last edited by shmerl; 2012-03-23 at 02:56.

you did so yourself... this falls under "illegal material".

please continue reporting such posts, the admins/mods will definitely react, though it might take some time.
the more reports, the quicker it'll go.
Don't spread misinformation - in fact, in the US, phone unlocking is explicitly legalized (c.f. item #3).

Phone unlocking is not illegal, as much as phone vendors/network operators would like it to be that way.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to itsnotabigtruck For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by rainisto View Post
So what happens if you enter the unlockcode that operator provides in that query? Not the "#pw+unlockcode+1#" but just the "unlockcode" as its just the number string.
Well, In my case please take it granted that I cannot get the unlock code. I need any other possible way/hack to unlock the mobile.

Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 2,383 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Finland
Originally Posted by GTwalk View Post
Well, In my case please take it granted that I cannot get the unlock code. I need any other possible way/hack to unlock the mobile.
There is no public _free_ way to unlock simlock on N9 without valid code (even if there were this forum would be totally wrong place for it), you need to pay to get the unlock code usually (or be really well connected).

Last edited by rainisto; 2012-03-23 at 11:20.

Posts: 158 | Thanked: 56 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Timisoara, Romania
Maybe because it's a very new (and not so worldwide) phone ?

Posts: 850 | Thanked: 626 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by itsnotabigtruck View Post
Don't spread misinformation - in fact, in the US, phone unlocking is explicitly legalized (c.f. item #3).

Phone unlocking is not illegal, as much as phone vendors/network operators would like it to be that way.
i never said that. in fact i did say unlocking is legal, however the methods used to unlock usually are not. dont misquote me.

Originally Posted by GTwalk View Post
There is a bug in the OS prevening you from entering the "w". Thus the only way to unlock it (the easy way) is to ask the operator do it over the air (GSM operator code). They did it for me (for free I might add). It is in fact illegal not to unlock customers locked phones here.

Posts: 35 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ hungaryan
you can your phone unlocked with phoenix service softwer and the tucson add-on installatoin package simlock version!But you need tucson password and tucson pin!

Posts: 149 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Slovenia, Ljubljana
Originally Posted by specc View Post
There is a bug in the OS prevening you from entering the "w". Thus the only way to unlock it (the easy way) is to ask the operator do it over the air (GSM operator code). They did it for me (for free I might add). It is in fact illegal not to unlock customers locked phones here.
You are living in EU right?
Because we have the same law.