Posts: 559 | Thanked: 1,017 times | Joined on May 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by stalhein View Post
I confirm that events longer in the future are not visible in calendar even though I don't use any kind of sync. I noticed that I can find and view these events in Search app but that of course isn't practical.

I say, it's a bug and it should be fixed somehow.
Yes. The events are definately in the database but calendar does not show them. I wonder what triggers this, I am sure that I used to see all my events previously. What is more weird is that recurring events are shown normally.

For what little it is now probably worth, I posted about this issue in the dev.nokia forum for Harmattan bugs.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 0b5cur1ty For This Useful Post:
Posts: 32 | Thanked: 19 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Germany
@0b5cur1ty: Thanks, do you have a link, that we can follow the discussion on that forum, too?

Another curiosity with the calendar: If I create an entry with a colon in its name, after some time (probably some syncs in the background), it gets clipped: "Appointment: Mr. X" will become "Appointment".

On the MfE-Webinterface the entry is still correct, but I really don't know if it's an N9 problem or has something to do with our MfE-Server as I have some other issues, too.

The workaround is simple, don't use a colon but this is (also!) very annoying.

Originally Posted by mpy View Post
@0b5cur1ty: Thanks, do you have a link, that we can follow the discussion on that forum, too?
Of course, it's here:

http://www.developer.nokia.com/Commu...l=1#post904170

Though I really woudn't get your hopes up, given the current state of Nokia development/support for MeeGo and the N9...

The Following User Says Thank You to 0b5cur1ty For This Useful Post:
Posts: 32 | Thanked: 19 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Germany
Thank you -- that's an interesting thread, however a little bit depressing, too...

Assuming open mode or inceptin, could we somehow install/downgrade the relavent calendar packages that were in PR 1.2?

I'm not sure exaclty where this bug exists, maybe the UI or maybe some backend. Might take some trial and error figuring out which packages and what versions are required to get a functioning calendar.

I'm sure i've read in other threads that @rainisto has hinted it's possible to install downlevel packages (we all know we cant just downgrade the firmware back to PR1.2)

Posts: 2 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Nov 2013 @ Albany, NY
Thanks. Now I can see appointmonts 7 months out. Only snag is that this works well until the next sync. But it's a simple procedure.

Posts: 56 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Germany
OMG somehow i only discoverd this after more than two years of using my N9. Just wow. The bug and the (working) solution in post 19 coudl'd not be more bizarre.
Wow.