Active Topics

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
On Monday, 14 December my N900 arrived at my brother in law and sister's place. My brother open up the box and grab the IMEI from it for rebate, sadly he forgot one digit. Then he shipped it to me through USPS Express Mail International on the same date. Everything going through smoothly until on the 15th December 5:05pm. USPS said my item has left Miami USPS ISC and left USA in the tracking. So I was not worrying at all. Now its the 18 December 2009. 3 days ater there is no sign of any updates with my shipment.

The destination is New Zealand, and only take 19-24hours max. But yet 72hours later there is no sign of it being in New Zealand.
What the F*** is going on? Where is my N900? Can anyone help me please...

Below is the print form USPS site.

Class: Express Mail International®
Service(s): Insured

Your item left the United States from ISC MIAMI FL (USPS) at 5:05 PM on December 15, 2009. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later.

Detailed Results:

International Dispatch, December 15, 2009, 5:05 pm, ISC MIAMI FL (USPS)
Arrival
Processed through Sort Facility, December 15, 2009, 7:49 am, MIAMI, FL 33112
Processed through Sort Facility, December 14, 2009, 7:28 pm, ORLANDO, FL 32899
Acceptance, December 14, 2009, 5:15 pm, ORLANDO, FL 32814

HELP!!! ME !!!

haha, just funny that you post this question here.

You probably have a bunch of taxes to pay.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by eean View Post
haha, just funny that you post this question here.

You probably have a bunch of taxes to pay.
just what I thought, probably got caught in one of the random inspections your customs office did, and they will probably notify you if they did not choose to seize it.

for one mr maxximuscool?

got it here. delivered on the wrong address i guess.

you can pick it up if you like.

(haiti)

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
the custom can't charge tax since its a gift item. It shipped with insurance because my brother in law scared of loosing it. But if it stuck in the custom then why there is no description say "Inbound custom" and "outbound custom"

And its has been opened before it is shipped. So it is no funny business here. On my side of postshop, they did not know anything related to this shipment. All they got is "left the country origin". 72hours and not even fuking get to NZ. This is insane. And USPS tracking suck cock.. What is happening to my order guys?

Posts: 232 | Thanked: 106 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Chicago/D.C./Katowice
its coming usps doesn't have very good tracking, by the time they update it'll show up at your doorstep

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by maxximuscool View Post
the custom can't charge tax since its a gift item. It shipped with insurance because my brother in law scared of loosing it. But if it stuck in the custom then why there is no description say "Inbound custom" and "outbound custom"

And its has been opened before it is shipped. So it is no funny business here. On my side of postshop, they did not know anything related to this shipment. All they got is "left the country origin". 72hours and not even fuking get to NZ. This is insane. And USPS tracking suck cock.. What is happening to my order guys?
yes they can, because gifts have a upper limit which is usally WAY below 400$ (don't know what it is for the USA and/or New Zealand, but it is below that margin in Germany. I guess that Germany is not the only country having those regulations

Originally Posted by rapante View Post
yes they can, because gifts have a upper limit which is usally WAY below 400$ (don't know what it is for the USA and/or New Zealand, but it is below that margin in Germany. I guess that Germany is not the only country having those regulations
My brother said it worth $1000 usd for insurance.. o.O to prevent any package damage during the process. But the actual price is 529USD.. so does this meant I have to pay tax for $1000USD -> NZD dollar? What if the receipt of the actually price is attached within the box. Can I somewhat get my original price tag tax instead of what insurance price claim?

Beside my country Post Shop didn't have any details regarding the arrival either. All they got is the date it left USA. It won't turn up at my door unless it shown in New Zealand PostShop database.

Last edited by maxximuscool; 2009-12-18 at 19:43.

Posts: 1,359 | Thanked: 717 times | Joined on May 2009 @ ...standing right behind you...
What happened to
a) contacting USPS to ask where the item is (instead of coming to a forum and asking, direct quote "What is happening to my order guys?",

b) spending 5 mins before you, or your brother ship, to google how insurance/gift and taxes work? I did the exact same thing two weeks ago when shipping to Indonesia. Was not hard.

c) Using common sense in what amount you insure an item for.
AutoScan, Diablo5 Theme, Dialcentral, DragLock, EmelFM2, FlipClock, gPodder, Headphoned, Knots 2, Maemo Mapper, mPlayer, openNTPD, OpenSSH, Panucci, Personal Launcher, QuickNote, Seqretary, SlideLock, Telescope, YellowNotes

Posts: 932 | Thanked: 278 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Kentucky
Why did your sister and brother-in-law had to open the box? The IMEI is written on the box so there was no need to open it.

Why in the world did they ship an international order, particular THE N900, via USPS? That's just plainly insane.