Originally Posted by skykooler View Post
How often does the system refresh karma? I linked my TMO and maemo.org accounts and the change finally went through - I have 202 karma - but I still get:

I haven't voted, and I should be eligible, right?
Hey Skyler, your account has been around for a long time and you now have plenty of karma so it looks like you should be eligible. However, perhaps you didn't have enough karma when the voting emails were sent and I'm not sure if you can now request a voting token. I'll contact woody to ask if that's possible and update to let you know.

Originally Posted by draxcp6 View Post
Kojacker, you should put somewhere clear requirements for voting to avoid these questions over and over again.

For example:
To vote you must have account older than 3 weeks and at least 10 karma points.
on app list page and voting page.
Lol yeah maybe, though it's 3 months rather than 3 weeks I believe It is mentioned in the rules that only accounts created before the beginning of the competition and have the 10 karma at the time of voting are entitled to place a vote. At the time of voting, ie when the emails were sent out, I suspect a snapshot was taken of the maemo.org accounts right then at that moment, and from these the eligible accounts were assigned a token. When Woody replies to my email I should be able to confirm or not if it's possible to request a token during the voting period.

Only users of maemo.org who are registered at the start of the competition and have at least 10 karma at the time of voting are entitled to vote.
Edit: I'm afraid you have no luck this time Skyler, Woody confirmed it's not possible to request a token once an election has started. He explained that it's very very difficult to update the electorate tables and add new users without risking messing up the votes already cast. Sorry about that.

But he reminds you that with your new score you can now run for council and/or vote in the forthcoming council/board elections if you fancy doing that

Cybot950 - Control a robot with your N9/N950
SMSPetFeeder - Build a Bluetooth/SMS dog feeder with Qt, N950, and arduino
Nerf950 - Use your N9/N950 to fire a Nerf gun

Last edited by kojacker; 2012-09-25 at 21:36.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kojacker For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,455 | Thanked: 3,309 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Rochester, NY
Thanks for the quick update kojacker. Beat me to it.

Just as clarification, the link to the election is this, not the png link above.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to woody14619 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by woody14619 View Post
Thanks for the quick update kojacker. Beat me to it.

Just as clarification, the link to the election is this, not the png link above.
*ninja edit*
I have no idea what you mean...? *whistles innocently*

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kojacker For This Useful Post:
Posts: 543 | Thanked: 802 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Germany
Originally Posted by kojacker View Post
Anyway, I can't imagine any reason why the voting would be delayed or prolonged, so once it ends on Friday everyone's welcome to do whatever they like - it will be too late to change the outcome or affect the results.
I'm currently packaging a new version of my WPx Emulator to upload it to the Nokia ovi store. I've done the updates during the voting period but I'm sure the store QA will ensure the new version will not hit the community before the voting is done. If they are this time incredible fast I have to apologize, it was in this case not intended.

Edit: Are everybody fine with this or should I just withdraw it and push it Friday again to the QA team? I'm not sure if 3 days are save or not...

Please DONATE if you like my work!
It's the best way to motivate me to create more stuff for your Device.

Last edited by helex; 2012-09-25 at 21:56.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to helex For This Useful Post:
Darn Oh well. Just wanted to vote for modRana, because it's awesome. Good luck everyone!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to skykooler For This Useful Post:
Posts: 55 | Thanked: 138 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ Bulgaria
After couple of days thinking I finally gave my final vote. There are many good apps and it was very difficult to order them

Originally Posted by helex View Post
Edit: Are everybody fine with this or should I just withdraw it and push it Friday again to the QA team? I'm not sure if 3 days are save or not...
I don't think you should worry about the update. Updates are always good for any app (although exception exist: maps in iOS 6 ) so in my opinion the sooner the better. I think that Nokia should give you a special prize Nokia Lumia 920

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to leon.anavi For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,012 | Thanked: 817 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ France
Originally Posted by leon.anavi View Post
I think that Nokia should give you a special prize Nokia Lumia 920
It s not a prize, but a poisoned trojan horse !

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Khertan For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by helex View Post
Are everybody fine with this or should I just withdraw it and push it Friday again to the QA team? I'm not sure if 3 days are save or not...
I'd also be very surprised if they will finish their QA and update it within 3 days - I'd be more worried about them pulling it, I'm not sure how you managed to sneak your WPx Emulator past them in the first place lol

Last day of voting is tomorrow.. time flies

Edit: skykooler did you email the competition email address about electronic doorlocks? lol

Dear Sirs
Very glad to know you are may interested in electronic door lock, which are just in our lines. So we would like to take this opportunity to introduce our products to you to see if there is any possibility to do business with you.
[...snip...]
Thanks Best Regards
Skyler
Just in case anyone is interested in electronic doorlocks, Skyler might be able to do you a good deal - ask for a maemo.org discount!!

Last edited by kojacker; 2012-09-26 at 11:30.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kojacker For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
I'd also be very surprised if they will finish their QA and update it within 3 days

Well I think Store QA isn't getting enough apps to analyze... See this...1 day to go thru' QA

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
Edit: skykooler did you email the competition email address about electronic doorlocks? lol
Wait, what?? Am I missing something here?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to skykooler For This Useful Post:

Tags
happy new year, mcc2012, merry christmas