Archos 43 seems like almost 1:1 replacement of N800.

The Following User Says Thank You to vvaz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 37 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Norway
Any android phone with an sd card slot will do the things you mentioned. If you get one with hdmi out you can hook it up to tv when showing off your pics. Personally I would wait for the galaxy s 2.

The Following User Says Thank You to tenkom For This Useful Post:
hmmm I think I mite get the dell streak...or the htc z im not really fond of samsung had to many faulty products from them plus Iv used there pad wasnt amazed by it......still want my meego/maemo lol....the other reason for the 2 devices or me asking about the nokia series I really do want summit I can put in my pocket.....failing that its a umpc but some are so expensive

Last edited by cyberboy109; 2011-04-10 at 19:01.

oh and I wont buy archos since they pulled out on linux angstrom plus having to pay for add ons....all my music is in aac format

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by cyberboy109 View Post
oh and I wont buy archos since they pulled out on linux angstrom plus having to pay for add ons....all my music is in aac format
They did? (http://www.openaos.org/) The top headline today, from April 2, is that Archos just joined their GIT repository and uploaded a BUNCH of open-source (mainly GPL) and I hadn't read anywhere that they were pulling out. Plus, there's this, this and this and more.

Just wondering what you're referring to or whether you can tell me where you read about something like that.
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

a few post on the web asking about the duel boot thats how I found out than theres also a link were archos basicly said it was takin down...also it has been removed from downloads...Ill see if I can find it again

Posts: 337 | Thanked: 283 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ NYC
...plus having to pay for add ons....all my music is in aac format
I remember how everyone was hating on Archos for selling add-ons to play media, separately from their devices. I wonder if people have thought whether that is any different from relying on "apps" to do stuff with your device today. Seems that everyone is loving the apps model now...

Last edited by Sopwith; 2011-04-12 at 18:44.

The Following User Says Thank You to Sopwith For This Useful Post:
a few post on the web asking about the duel boot thats how I found out than theres also a link were archos basicly said it was takin down...also it has been removed from downloads...Ill see if I can find it again
Yah, please! I can't find anything about any of that anywhere so far.

Originally Posted by Sopwith View Post
I remember how everyone was hating on Archos for selling add-ons to play media, separately from their devices. I wonder if people have thought whether that is any different from relying on "apps" to do stuff with your device today. Seems that everyone is loving the apps model now...
Well, except that they sell the device as a multimedia system--not as a computing platform. To not include a common set of expected codecs makes people feel cheated. You can't expect EVERY app to come with a platform's device, however, so there isn't a sense of being cheated there.
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

Last edited by danramos; 2011-04-12 at 21:18.

The Following User Says Thank You to danramos For This Useful Post:
Did you ever find anything?

Tags
android, n800replacement