I am looking for some cable that I can rewire, but had no luck so far. My question to "cth": Where did you get this cable from?

Posts: 162 | Thanked: 79 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Finland
I have the CP-321 which doesn't allow me to use any headphones at all. But it's not a problem as I use my trusty BH-214 bluetooth receiver paired with Sennheiser CX-300's. Can't stand using wired phones anymore.

Posts: 25 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Prague
I recently bought a Denon AH-C551 , great ,clear full sound ....(previously used Creative EP-630 and default sony erricsson - now i have realy full sound experience ) ...
I'm wondering - is there any remote working with n900 and with 3.5mm jack ?
OR - request ,or somethink like that - on my old w850i i can +/- volume while in standby (screen off) and was able to change song by holding + or - volume key !! That will be great on n900.

Posts: 601 | Thanked: 549 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Redditch, UK
Sennheiser CX550's

Awesome sounds - best headphones I have ever owned. Bass is clear, precise and almost unbelievably, for small headphones, deep and vibrato. Mid range is clear and top notes are unreal. Love them, can't get enough of them.

Posts: 118 | Thanked: 39 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Jakarta, Indonesia

Ultimate Ears Super.fi 5 EB

quite satisfied with it...

although media player in n900 needs an equalizer to make it even more satisfying

Originally Posted by wkuballa View Post
I am looking for some cable that I can rewire, but had no luck so far. My question to "cth": Where did you get this cable from?
it's just the bose stereo headset with the inline mic. i wish i had taken pictures of the mod, but it's covered in heat shrink already.
there's a little rubber covered box with the bose hologram sticker/serial number on it. you cut the rubber from the bead and open the plastic box inside to get at the wires.
They work great The call button even workson incoming calls.

Posts: 1,411 | Thanked: 1,330 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Tatooine
I got a pair of Sony BT22's a couple of months back, and love 'em to bits. I like that they're not 'in-ear', they fold up, all the buttons (volume/pause/skip track etc) work with the N900, as does this built-in microphone which I'm amazed actually works from so far away from my mouth.

http://www.sony.co.uk/product/hps-bluetooth/dr-bt22

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
Originally Posted by Kriek View Post
I'm in the market for a set of earphones / earbuds / IEMs for primary N900 usage and so far two have caught my eye:

Etymotic ER-4P

and

Audio-Technica’s ATH-CK7ASV

I'm practically sold on the CK7 low-profile design. But how comfortable are the in-ear pads? My ATH-M50 cans are solid performers and this is a contributing factor albeit a different sound stage.

The protruding ER-4P design leaves something to be desired, although the isolation seal looks garunteed, which is a fairly high priority. The in-ear pad options look comfortable too.

Bass is important however not overly critical... there's other sources for proper bass if necessary. Plus from what I've read bass response is directly related to in-ear seal and this is common across many / all IEMs.

Any N900 experience out there with these or other comparable models in a similar price range?
ER4 series are VERY light on bass. Of course audio is relative and it highly depends on what you're used to listen on and what genre you listen to.

But again, these are known for their _great_ highs, _good_ mids and very tight and light bas. Suitable for vocal, acoustic instruments, live recording... sucks on pop, rap, r&b, dance, and other bass-heavy genre.
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

The Following User Says Thank You to ysss For This Useful Post:
Posts: 139 | Thanked: 32 times | Joined on May 2008 @ France
Originally Posted by silvermountain View Post
I would therefore assume they are not supported by the N810 either.

Odd choice for a site calling themselves onlyn900.com if this is the case....
Yes, N810, N800, etc... I believe they're more interested in N900 buyers than in the N900 itself.

I went to the iFrogz website, they say their earphones with mic are compatible with iPhone and Blackberry. Which means not with nokia devices.

Posts: 41 | Thanked: 39 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ ireland
Originally Posted by jacus View Post
I have a pair of Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10vi (the one with microphone) and was very disappointed with the buzzing right out of the box. Fortunately, they came with an airplane adapter which converts to a plain stereo pin making them work as regular earphones. I would love to be able to use the microphone on these.
Hi Jacus,

I whish i red your post before buying these expensive, cool looking earphones! now I can only use them on my creative player but in order to use the on the Nokia i need to use that big noise attenuator - and no microphone!

DId you find any other solution in the meanwhile?

Thanks a lot
G