Notices

Posts: 1,648 | Thanked: 2,122 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ UNKLE's Never Never Land
Originally Posted by freemangordon View Post
No need for a new thread.

Well, indeed, depending on that package will pull KP50 too, but you can make another(dummy) package too and depend on either dummy package or this one. And there is no need cleven to depend on the exact version of the package(use ">=" in debian/control), that way when a new KP enters repos some day, I will build a new version of linux-backports-modules-power and it should be automatically pulled on kernel upgrade. Or if you have a better solution I am OK with it.

Or you can pull that one and rebuild it against stock kernel (just a few modifications are needed) if bleeding-edge drivers work on stock kernel. I can do it too of course (but not today ).

Actually I am not .deb packaging guru, so any piece of advice is welcome

OK now i have a headache after reading this:
http://www.debian.org/doc/debian-pol...tionships.html

Let me sleep on it for a few days and if I don't get any ideas we can ask some more people.

I think it might be possible with the installation scripts to make some more complex logic and depend on kernel versions.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Saturn For This Useful Post:
Kalimera Saturn,

I'd like to ask if Cleven can support following tweak..besides loading injection drivers and enabling monitor mode.
..setting the regulatory domain variable to something that supports channels 12,13 (also probably 14?) maybe JP can do 14 with a little hack, or BO / BZ ?
Also, upping the TxPower from 20 to 30.
Below quoted somebody who has already achieved similar with his n900...

In a previous post, I unlocked channel 12 and 13 on my N900 with a simple modification of the regulatory domain variable. Being the 802.11 junkie I am, I also wanted to look at upping the TX power so I could really reach out and touch someone. This is normally controlled by CRDA and wireless-regdb which is digitally signed database of regions containing allowed channels and power usage. The great thing is, it allows generation of a self-signed database for binary reading - which means anybody with a brain the size of a lollipop can override it. Unfortunately for me. CRDA kicked in after 2.6.28 (wasn't backported with compat-wireless/bleeding-edge wl12xx) and left the old static regulatory domain setting in kernel space. No big deal. I modified the hardcoded values for JP to bump 20dBm to 30dBm

REG_RULE() is passed 6 arguments, first the low frequency (ch1) with a base underlap (2412MHz-10/1MHz), the upper frequency (ch14) with a high overlap (2484MHz-10/1MHz), band spacing (4MHz+1MHz over/under for total 5MHz), max antenna gain (600mBi), max EIRP (30dBm) and I have no idea what the last arg is for.

Patch in whatever new CRDA linker you want recognized for high transmit. I called mine "HX" and build your new modules. Drop them into /lib/modules/[whateverkernelyourun] and the easiest way to make sure they're loaded in proper succession is to reboot.

You can check your changes by watching dmesg and you're looking for the line that says;
2402000 KHz - 2494000 KHz @ 40000 KHz, 600mBi 3000mBm

This should indicate the driver is allowing 30dBm on all 14 channels. I truly don't know if the WL1251 chip stores a max transmission power in EEPROM or tertiary firmware with wl1251-cal nor have I done any pseudo-scientific testing yet.

What I do know is that I probably have the only phone in the world, that can completely disrupt and hose any 802.11b/g/n network with the push of a button...your phone is cool too though, you've got apps, right?!
Here is the link to the source of the article:
help://www.knownokia.ca/2011/06/pushing-wireless-limits-on-n900.html

I believe a lot of people who are currently controlled by a domain that doesn't actually correspond to their region would appreciate the freedom of changing it in accordance.

PS. Apparently my brain ain't yet the size of a lollipop (alas I am not comfortable in trying to do all of the above on my own) but i am trying

Fondest regards.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Spyrocheti For This Useful Post:
In fact, I use iw reg set JP all the time, so I modified every script loading drivers in my device to do it automatically. I've asked almost same question about Cleven, and Saturn pointed me to Cleven's script that control loading stock driers - it's just a matter of adding mentioned command there.

Of course, You need it only with stock drivers - bleeding-edge ones are already "unlocked" for all channels. As for power 30, hack You're referring to is only "theoretical" - available listed power is indeed seen as 30 (1000 mW!), but, obviously, it's also limited via driver. Not to mention, that I don't think hardware can handle 1000 mW.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Last edited by Estel; 2012-04-22 at 10:30.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
This is most interesting. Has anyone (lxp/kernel devs) disproved feasibility of upping wlan power? It is still better than most laptops from my experience, improving that would be totally awesome

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to szopin For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
In fact, I use iw reg set JP all the time, so I modified every script loading drivers in my device to do it automatically.
Hi Estel,

I am currently using 2 ways for loading drivers.
Cleven for the excellent gui and automation of tasks,
Wlan driver selector applet for "manually" diving into aircrack-ng.

Would you please tell me where their scripts reside and how to modify them respectively to have them 'iw reg set JP' automatically?

Also for completion? purposes, maybe you feel like adding any other script you have edited on the same note (ex. Advanced interface switcher, ...)

I have a feeling this is going off-topic and I had no intention of hi-jacking Christos' thread, so I have created one here which deals exclusively with the regulatory domain and txpower hack.

Fondest regards.

The Following User Says Thank You to Spyrocheti For This Useful Post:
Posts: 233 | Thanked: 491 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Sydney
Can this be ported to N9/N950?

Hit thanks if I have helped in some way, or you agree with me

Twitter
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Battery Widget
#OperationUnicorn
Harmoji - Emoji for Harmattan

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
N9 [Black] - Sailfish OS (1.x.x.xx)
N9 [White] - PR 1.3 [Stock]
N950 - Sailfish OS
Z10 LE - 10.2.1.1055
Dev Alpha C - 10.2.1.1055

Posts: 288 | Thanked: 175 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Petaling Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia
Not sure if this is an aircrack-ng, cleven or a problem that is uniquely mine. I tried to crack a WEP AP, did everything as required and when I got cleven to cracked the key, I got strange results....

The password for the AP was "abc123" (much longer, but...)
Cleven ran the aircrack-ng and gave me the result "616263313233" which is the ASCII values of "abc123"...

Can anybody tell me what is wrong or have similar experience or a workaround/solution?

Thanks in advance and sorry if this was asked before.

I am using latest Cleven 2.5-1 and KP50.

It's normal. You can't recover password that was used to compute 13-characters long wep key - You can only get actually used key.

Fortunately, all you need to log-in into such network, is that WEP key, *not* password used to compute it. It is *not* like WPA/WPA2-PSK

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Hello,

I have two issues after installing cleven 2.5.2 :
- I can't scan for network after setting monitor mode and loading injection driver ;
- I have not the reaver/wps button on the interface whereas I have reaver and walsh installed.

1) When I click on "scan" button I have the following error :
PHP Code:
ERRORCannot scan for available networks.

The drivers or the interface are not to the correct state.
Please configure them from the available menu option
By looking loaded modules I can't see wl1251. I see wl12xx instead. So I launched load.sh script from /opt/cleven (with -v2 switch) and I can see the right driver from cleven loaded. But, I can't set this driver to monitor mode, iwconfig command show me managed mode on wifi interface (wlan0).

2) I installed reaver and walsh and I can use them but cleven interface didn't show the reaver or wps button.

PHP Code:
uname -a
Linux Nokia
-N900 2.6.28.10-power50 #1 PREEMPT Sun Mar 18 20:10:56 EET 2012 armv7l GNU/Linux

dpkg -|grep cleven
ii  cleven     2.5
-2        Cleven is a user interface of aircrack-ng and reaver for the N900

Regards,

Posts: 105 | Thanked: 87 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Unknown
Originally Posted by rayon View Post
Hello,

I have two issues after installing cleven 2.5.2 :
- I can't scan for network after setting monitor mode and loading injection driver ;
- I have not the reaver/wps button on the interface whereas I have reaver and walsh installed.

1) When I click on "scan" button I have the following error :
PHP Code:
ERRORCannot scan for available networks.

The drivers or the interface are not to the correct state.
Please configure them from the available menu option
By looking loaded modules I can't see wl1251. I see wl12xx instead. So I launched load.sh script from /opt/cleven (with -v2 switch) and I can see the right driver from cleven loaded. But, I can't set this driver to monitor mode, iwconfig command show me managed mode on wifi interface (wlan0).

2) I installed reaver and walsh and I can use them but cleven interface didn't show the reaver or wps button.

PHP Code:
uname -a
Linux Nokia
-N900 2.6.28.10-power50 #1 PREEMPT Sun Mar 18 20:10:56 EET 2012 armv7l GNU/Linux

dpkg -|grep cleven
ii  cleven     2.5
-2        Cleven is a user interface of aircrack-ng and reaver for the N900

Regards,
If you recently upgraded your kp to 50 latest then you have to upgrade the injection drivers to be compatible with the new kernel power. Get the new injection drivers in the same place here
Also you can read few posts back about cleven and compatibility with kp50.

Tags
aircrack, cleven, reaver