Closed Thread
Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
why are we waiting...Lumiaman where is your rebuttal...give us a good laugh c'mmon.

The Following User Says Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by Cue View Post
You forgot

"No TV-out at all"

All Nokia smartphones (N95, N79, etc) had it until the Lumias, they have nothing.
How many N95 or N79s are being sold now?

Lumiaman how many lumias sold so far??? what is that number? lower than the number of N95s or N79s ever sold...

hah...lesser features than such old phones obviously the sales will be pathetic...

Originally Posted by Lumiaman View Post
There is 1 reason why Lumia outsells N9. Smooth transitions, no lagging, no stuttering. Good user experience overall.
Elop himself admitted in the general meeting, N9 was sold to different markets purposely than Lumias and the comparing how many they have sold is unfair and misleading. And if we compare the marketplaces, everyone can see what was the purpose of this separation.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zimon For This Useful Post:
Posts: 738 | Thanked: 983 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ London
Interesting post... It would be very nice to have a table with the results of other OS on the same points (or even better, on extra points).

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to erendorn For This Useful Post:
I was aware WP7 was very limited but I still find #53 a real shocker, would somebody with a Windows Phone confirm that for me?

Originally Posted by switch-hitter View Post
I was aware WP7 was very limited but I still find #53 a real shocker, would somebody with a Windows Phone confirm that for me?
yup its true. any file <20MB will be downloaded using 3G even if WiFi is connected. Its very unpredictable.

Worse is when downloading an app the screen locks (going to sleep), on turning on the screen the download is re-started.

The Following User Says Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by zimon View Post
Elop himself admitted in the general meeting, N9 was sold to different markets purposely than Lumias and the comparing how many they have sold is unfair and misleading. And if we compare the marketplaces, everyone can see what was the purpose of this separation.
I dont think you get it. NOKIA is not a software company. they cant compete with the BIG boys. It takes too long for NOKIA to make a finished product. Everything they produced since the rise of iphone is beta testing.

Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
yup its true. any file <20MB will be downloaded using 3G even if WiFi is connected. Its very unpredictable.

Worse is when downloading an app the screen locks (going to sleep), on turning on the screen the download is re-started.
Wait what? ANY file smaller than 20MB will automatically downloaded through 3G?

By what logic?

WHY?

Words fail me, yes ME. I cannot compile a sentance of human English face words to describe it.

Posts: 139 | Thanked: 224 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ San Francisco, CA
I heard - but could not get confirmation - that when you use the Lumia in your car as navigation device (Nokia Drive) and you take a call, after you end the call you'd need to reenter destination. So, it a) would not show directions during the call and b) resets Nokia Drive.

I do not believe that the described behavior can be true. Can someone confirm that Lumias keep navigating regardless if you use the phone (via car blue tooth) to make a call?

How does Lumia / WP7.5 behave in this situation?

Closed Thread