Posts: 741 | Thanked: 900 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Auckland NZ
Nokia should release a Maemo6 tablet with a 10.1 inch Pixel Qi screen. Seriously, they should step their game up and take some risks. The booklet 3G was brilliant but it lacked a native Linux version. Linux is the future.

The Following User Says Thank You to maluka For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,361 | Thanked: 3,746 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Berlin - Love this city!!
Two words: Stantum Touchscreen

Think about it.

A little bit more.....

To which conclusion you came?

no... everyone is making a tablet now... they should come up with something totally new. An 'all-in-one' device would be nice so we don't have to carry around so many different things.

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Originally Posted by bulldozer View Post
no... everyone is making a tablet now... they should come up with something totally new. An 'all-in-one' device would be nice so we don't have to carry around so many different things.
They could call it 'N900'.

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Texrat For This Useful Post:
Posts: 741 | Thanked: 900 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Auckland NZ
No Pixel Qi screen, no sale. I must admit that the Microsoft Courier tablet is tempting but it's nowhere near real yet.

The appeal of such a device for me would be as an ebook/cbr reader primarily. I own an e-ink reader that works fine but Pixel Qi's technology improves on e-ink. Looking at what people are doing with Android on tablets like the Notion Ink Adam which has a Pixel Qi screen http://bit.ly/60Rw0D makes me want a similar Maemo device.

the answer to yout question is "N900"

Originally Posted by Texrat View Post
They could call it 'N900'.
That just made me lol

Really lets say if Nokia got Maemo tablet available with better hw than ipad or same they could get lots of positive press because ipad isn't setting the world in fire currently.

The thing is that it should be here in not long future and i don't think we will see Maemo 5 tablet, with Maemo 6 i do think we will. That tablet could be the thing ipad tried to be.

Originally Posted by Whitedeath View Post
the answer to yout question is "N900"
No actually, I'm also looking for a meamo tablet. N900 screen is too small for me. ipad is 499 but I'm willing to pay more for a maemo tablet.

tablets are for new-prehistoric post-modern unproductive consumerist and passive people and know one thing: they will disappear soon, they are an accident in history, things are a changing...
i can see in a few years the shape and size of notepads and booklet like the courier prototype from microsoft take place of them. they are foldable, they could possibly be pocketable but large enough to watch and read, good to write on, and can be used as an old laptop or just flatted down to take notes on them without the frustrating presence of the screen as a wall between the user and the rest of the world.
smartphones let the geeks out but are not really good to work, the best compromise as of now is still the n900 for me, though nokia MUST do more for it.
the tablet is just the primitive phase of the new standard, which surely wont be a tablet.

The Following User Says Thank You to phortize For This Useful Post:
Posts: 40 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Los Angeles
Originally Posted by phortize View Post
..... the best compromise as of now is still the n900 for me, though nokia MUST do more for it.
the tablet is just the primitive phase of the new standard, which surely wont be a tablet.
I imagine that it will be a n900-type device that has a dock that allows it to be used as a media hub and a desktop-type computer. Perhaps via pico-projector built into the dock?
etc, etc