Posts: 1,671 | Thanked: 11,478 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Warsaw, Poland
Yeah, Deblet likes power just as much as a laptop .. :P
As you go on to other communities, remember to build them around politeness, respect, trust and humility. Be wary of poisonous people and deal with them before they end up killing your community.. Seen it happen to too many IRC channels, forums, open source projects.

I've got a weird glitch I haven't seen before.

I added gnome-terminal so I could copy-paste.
It works, but I can't use 2 key combinations.
shift-q brings up the gnome-terminal help, and shift-p brings up a right-click menu I think.
In Edit - Keyboard Shortcuts, I've disabled all shortcuts (I didn't see them listed anywhere, but disabled to be safe) and it does the same thing.

It's not a big deal, but just weird and a pointer on where to look would be great.

It doesn't do that in xterm, so it seems like it's something in gnome-terminal.

Just kind of quirky.

I'm working on figuring out dbus. It seems that if I can find the values, there's a lot of things there (screen dimming, brightness level, power, etc), but I haven't found much documentation yet.

Is there a way to walk the dbus tree, like there is for snmp?

Or some documentation on things like org.tspre.dsme, so I can find out what the options are?

Thanx,

desiv

org.tspre.dsme is done by /usr/sbin/dsme_dbus_proxy.py or something - look for *.py files there
As you go on to other communities, remember to build them around politeness, respect, trust and humility. Be wary of poisonous people and deal with them before they end up killing your community.. Seen it happen to too many IRC channels, forums, open source projects.

The Following User Says Thank You to Stskeeps For This Useful Post:
Is this project still moving onward, or was it merged with another project?

Originally Posted by BoredOOMM View Post
Is this project still moving onward, or was it merged with another project?
Mer (wiki.maemo.org/Mer) is ubuntu based and has a better 770 port.

Originally Posted by Stskeeps View Post
Mer (wiki.maemo.org/Mer) is ubuntu based and has a better 770 port.
I did not find much discussion on the 770 port. I see on the web wiki the developers are looking for 770. I have not done much with my 770 since last year. It works, so I do not try to fix it.

I have an 8GB MMC card and am using Fanoush boot menu so I am willing to try to "fix" it for the better ment of others.

Mer0.11 Release Thread

@Stskeeps, I interestin me on Mer. Are you one of the devels?
Currently i have more interest on upstream kernel. I found most patches was not ported upstream, so currently i made mtd/nand_omap1 compile with upstream... but there should be more work done. I need to make use of onboard com port, any one who has expirians with this on 770?

Hey stskeeps (or anyone else, for that matter). Even though Deblet has been merged with mer, i'd still like to try it out (Deblet, that is) and i was wondering if anyone could give me some step by step instructions on puting it on my N770. I'm fairly new to linux so i couldn't make much sense of some of the posts. Thanks in advance!

Tags
debian, deblet, deblet 770 experiment