Originally Posted by qole View Post
So, anyone going to try these scripts with Inception and see if you can mount on loop?
It looks like HarmChOM ought to be doable with INCEPTION - if tweaked to be more Aegis-aware. For example, CAP::sys_admin can be requested in order to be able to mount things, and CAP::sys_chroot in order to chroot. For "traditional" root access, UID::root, GID::root, and CAP::* can be obtained.

The trick of using SSH as root in order to obtain a shell probably needs to go - replacing those files will cause a MALF and it isn't really necessary.

The Following User Says Thank You to itsnotabigtruck For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
So it sounds like the short answer is "no".

Posts: 258 | Thanked: 138 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ St. Louis, MO, USA
Correct, Inception + chroot does not currently work.

The Following User Says Thank You to twoboxen For This Useful Post:
For Virtual Keyboards, I had Cellwriter set up on my Fujitsu tablet, It has both a virtual keyboard and hand writing recognition, works rather well. Gok is another one, though it doesn't exactly look pretty, it's functional.

Maliit does look pretty, and I wouldn't think it'd be too terribly difficult to port. I think Fedora already has it packaged. Can't recall which distribution I'd been using that had it on my tablet, but it was an earlier version and while it looked pretty, it was semi-broken.

I bought a sweet Mini Bluetooth keyboard though for this very purpose, it has a touch pad and directional pad as well as right / left mouse buttons. You can even rotate the touch pad and use it as it rests in your palm!

Hope this gets really easy to install soon, or I get some time to test it out, that's some serious awesomeness in speed!

I would think if the N900 had 1GB of ram, it'd be similar, I think that's truly where the bottle neck is.

slaapliedje

So it sounds like the short answer is "no".
It's no, but it can be turned into a yes.

Posts: 889 | Thanked: 2,087 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Manchester
Originally Posted by slaapliedje View Post

I bought a sweet Mini Bluetooth keyboard though for this very purpose, it has a touch pad and directional pad as well as right / left mouse buttons. You can even rotate the touch pad and use it as it rests in your palm!
Which model/where did you order it from? I'm after one so any recommendations would be most welcome.

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Originally Posted by itsnotabigtruck View Post
It's no, but it can be turned into a yes.
Since the primary problem is that Aegis blocks the running of all unsigned binaries, and the chroot is all unsigned binaries, you would have to disable Aegis entirely. At which point, it is the same as Open Mode.

Since the primary problem is that Aegis blocks the running of all unsigned binaries, and the chroot is all unsigned binaries, you would have to disable Aegis entirely. At which point, it is the same as Open Mode.
Except that it doesn't - as long as relaxed mode is turned on (it is if developer mode is on), there's nothing stopping one from running unsigned binaries. I'd suggest making the install package for HarmChOM/etc. depend on aegis-dev-mode, which should make sure this is the case. Then, the binaries inside the chroot can simply inherit the Linux capabilities obtained by the launcher through Aegis.

Please verify that what you write is true; twoboxen reports that he is experiencing the same problems with Inception that I experienced with javispedro's earlier Aegis hack, that is, all binaries within the chroot receive a "Permission Denied" error unless Aegis is completely disabled.

I'm facing "chroot: can't execute '/bin/sh': Operation not permitted"
with same image I manage to chroot on android ICS.

Any help?

Full log ~

/ # sh /bin/debian
Chroot dir specified: /.debian
/home/user/MyDocs/bt5/bt5.img.ext4 specified in ~/.chroot
Mounting...
using image file: /home/user/MyDocs/bt5/bt5.img.ext4
fs type is ext4
Using ext4 file system
FATAL: Module ext4 not found.
mounting /home/user/MyDocs/bt5/bt5.img.ext4 on loop
.../home/user/MyDocs/bt5/bt5.img.ext4 mounted on loop0
/bin/qchroot: line 145: blkid: not found
/bin/qchroot: line 156: blkid: not found
Everything set up, running chroot...
chroot: can't execute '/bin/sh': Operation not permitted

Last edited by z720; 2012-03-08 at 06:44.

Tags
chroot, debian, harmattan