Posts: 2,355 | Thanked: 5,249 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Barcelona
LiveView support is on git only, as I'm still working on it. I can work on Sowatch on (some) weekends only, so development is glacially slow.

Yesterday I got pending notifications showing, so that's something, but I did not manage to get vibration working.
Apart from this, watchlets already work (so you can look up the map, control music, etc.) .

Next week I will publish a build so that you can test it around.
EDIT: Someone did before me: http://linuxi.org/sowatch/

Sowatch should build fine in Scratchbox if you cp -R qtc_packaging/debian_harmattan debian , and edit debian/rules so as to fix all the "Uncoment this if building outside QtCreator" lines. Additionally, you require libqmafw-shared0-dev for the music widget.

It also should build in Qt Creator, which is the platform I use for development. However, Madde's tools have some bugs that prevent a clean build -- for example, dpkg-shlibdeps will refuse to look for libraries _inside_ the package that is being built (iirc, caused by a one-letter typo ). At some point I will publish patches, because I suppose we are on our own to maintain the toolchain...

Last edited by javispedro; 2013-06-26 at 17:41.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to javispedro For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
I attached sowatch 0.5.0 (with liveview support) here, just in case it's lost for eternity

Edit: I've been using it for a while now.
It's a very good start! I hope this project will continue

(Hope there will be "headset (media) buttons" watchlet available soon, so I can skip music from every application that supports the media buttons from a headset)
Attached Files
File Type: deb sowatch_0.5.0_armel.deb (476.1 KB, 157 views)
File Type: deb sowatch-dev_0.5.0_all.deb (12.7 KB, 152 views)

Last edited by HtheB; 2013-06-26 at 21:55.

The Following User Says Thank You to HtheB For This Useful Post:
Wait, does this mean that LiveView now can be used on N900 for looking up caller's name ? And if not, what's the status on that ?

Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Originally Posted by F0X View Post
Wait, does this mean that LiveView now can be used on N900 for looking up caller's name ? And if not, what's the status on that ?
yes, but It's working for the N9/N950. Most of the functions don't work yet, but I'm sure javispedro will get them to work

I'm sure this can be ported to N900 too though..

Edit: Welcome to the forums!

Originally Posted by HtheB View Post
yes, but It's working for the N9/N950. Most of the functions don't work yet, but I'm sure javispedro will get them to work

I'm sure this can be ported to N900 too though..

Edit: Welcome to the forums!
Thanks. I've been silently reading them for a couple of years now though :]

It's all been cool and nice for my N900 on its hacked up Maemo, except that it doesn't send caller name / time / music tags on a headset with LED-screen via AVRCP, like SE MW600 of mine (pre-4 Android phones also have this deficiency, only fixed with vendor patches, like it's done in some SE phones).
Actual button controls on it are working, but neither Maemo5 devs nor Android pre-4 ones bothered to code with display capability in mind.

So, now i have to find an alternative to look up a name without taking N900 out of a bag, which is damn cumbersome for such brick of a device. No one capable seems to be interested in looking into display support for headsets, therefore changing a phone or hoping for such support for "smar****ches" [isn't censorship a bullșhit ?], where LiveView seem to be the cheapest one, are my only options, as i see it :(

Posts: 46 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Germany, Berlin
Any progress on Sowatch and LiveView?
Could someone be so nice and build/package the version with liveview support so that i can install it on my N900 (CSSU, not thumb)?
I think the debs offered by HtheB are only for N9/N950

This toy seems interesting... But, before buying another little piece of technology, is there someone using it with maemo to display custom messages on the screen?

For example, run a script inside the N900 and display something on the Liveview screen?

Posts: 31 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ Philippines
hi everyone! is there an easy step by step procedure on how to install live view on n900? i know there are lots of features that aren't working I just want to be able to sync time so i can actually use my liveview as a watch.