Active Topics

Notices

Originally Posted by Mentalist Traceur View Post
I don't regularly use yahoo messenger, but I'll test this if the opportunity comes. A while back Google (on Gmail specifically) and Facebook both did things where they redirected you to mobile versions of their sites from the N900 - they both stopped soon after, but still. The N900's Yahoo Messenger client may now be being treated the same way by Yahoo, expect in a completely "ignore"/"don't accept connections from it" way instead of mere redirecting. The N900 user-base is certainly perceived as being small enough by the general public for them to conceivably to be dicks like that.

I would get as many people as you can to check from N900s. See if you can connect through WiFi and 3G, or if both give the same error. Then see if you can connect to it through the browser directly (surely yahoo messenger has an online version you can use). Report results. If they are consistent across many users, or become consistent over the next week or so, then it's Yahoo's doing. If not, it's something on your end, or in between, or a temporary problem there.
Im connected through both WiFi and 3G

Posts: 229 | Thanked: 77 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Los Angeles
Originally Posted by brownknight View Post
i got the same problem with my ym not signing in. im living in the USA. is the problem regional? i was able to sign in with ym last month but not anymore. might be because i installed pidgin? is there any solution yet? please help.
Since total reflashed with PR1.2 (and now on 1.3, not updated from 1.1), the Yahoo Messenger has stopped working for me using Extra Protocol Plugins (which installs Pidgin Protocols Plugin).

It worked partially only after installation, it could connect and could receive IM but I couldn't see the contact list, I have read somewhere it's due to some change in the firmware but seems it hasn't been updated to work around that.
Once disocnnected, it would fail everytime in connecting. I have to delete and add account to make it connect again everytime. So. I gave up on using Yahoo.
Same after I reflashed with PR1.3

MSN (Pecan), Skype and others are still working great. I'm on T-Mobile US BTW.

Last edited by mcdull; 2011-01-02 at 20:49.

Posts: 1 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Pekanbaru, Indonesia
I also have a problem like that. My yahoo messenger can't sign in.
Although I uninstall it, and back to install it again, it can't works.
is there an application yahoo messenger for Nokia N900?
I really really need it

i had the same problem i changed my status to online from busy. and readded the acount been working so far, and also i added the devel and test repositry and updated it

Posts: 1,103 | Thanked: 368 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ india, indore
some times it happens to me too but keep trying to reconnect and it works after two or tree tries only(i use pidgin)
and ya what did you mean by saying "yahoo messenger" is there any yahoo messenger for n900 except pidgin??????

Posts: 229 | Thanked: 77 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Los Angeles
Originally Posted by nicholes View Post
some times it happens to me too but keep trying to reconnect and it works after two or tree tries only(i use pidgin)
and ya what did you mean by saying "yahoo messenger" is there any yahoo messenger for n900 except pidgin??????
You can install Extra Protocols for Conversations which will add Yahoo, MSN and some others, they will be integrated just like the built-in Google and Skype in the Conversation widget, no need to run a separate app like pidgin.
The yahoo has stopped working for me since PR 1.2, the MSN(Pecan) is still working great

when leaving the house ie changing from wifi to gprs it errors in reconnecting so i edit the account in conversations and its ok again, same happens with the google voice plugin

All you need to do is remove the the scsa.msg.yahoo.com from the server. Leave that blank and say 'Done'. Save or just Sign in.
Settings-->Voip and IM accounts --> Select your Yahoo account --> Advanced settings --> Under server, remove the scsa.msg.yahoo.com--> Click 'Done'.
From Avinash yahoo answer

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to chohocvo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 24 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Berkeley, CA
Originally Posted by chohocvo View Post
All you need to do is remove the the scsa.msg.yahoo.com from the server. Leave that blank and say 'Done'. Save or just Sign in.
Settings-->Voip and IM accounts --> Select your Yahoo account --> Advanced settings --> Under server, remove the scsa.msg.yahoo.com--> Click 'Done'.
From Avinash yahoo answer
Hmm. I don't see the server field under Advanced settings. I also have this problem using Conversations, but I am normally able to log in after I delete my password and re-entering it.

Thank you jhwan
I could set yahoo messenger on my n900 but could could you please tell me how to make a voice call from yahoo messenger on900