Active Topics

Just got my new NOKIA N900 yesterday. I must say i've been a loyal, long time fan and user of NOKIAs, but this one... they really screwed it up big time! So many bugs, such a crap. I'm sending it back tomorrow for a full refund. Screen only tilts if you use phone dialer, alarm does now work on the phone if bluetooth connected, in other words the alarm will work, but the sound will only be in bluetooth, i guess one would have to sleep with bluetooth to wake up. Also if bluetooth connected you will not hear a ring on the phone, you will only hear ring in bluetooth. Very , very disappointed. My advice, don buy it yet, maybe they'll fix it later.

Posts: 486 | Thanked: 154 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ New York City
Alarm works fine without bluetooth connected. sorry you have problems. bye!

You're sending it back because of that?

Yeh without bluetooth, why should i bother shutting bluetooth off? I have it always on, everything works fine with my NOKIA N97.

Originally Posted by hypnotik View Post
Alarm works fine without bluetooth connected. sorry you have problems. bye!

wait you signed up to this forum just to start this one tread just to post this one post?

lol

The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to thinh For This Useful Post:
I've missed bunch of calls because of this. Also while talking on bluetooth, and if you get another call coming in, it puts automatically first caller on hold. Really crap.

Originally Posted by Nirunrid View Post
You're sending it back because of that?

hmmmm....hope mine turns out to be in good working orderif theres any bugs wiv mine imma go ballistic

Posts: 43 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ oakland, california
you do realize this device just released weeks ago and will have bugs like any other new device out there, right? NO DEVICE is perfect right out the box.

Posts: 519 | Thanked: 366 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ North Carolina (Formerly Denmark and Iceland)
Originally Posted by vasputin View Post
Just got my new NOKIA N900 yesterday. I must say i've been a loyal, long time fan and user of NOKIAs, but this one... they really screwed it up big time! So many bugs, such a crap. I'm sending it back tomorrow for a full refund. Screen only tilts if you use phone dialer, alarm does now work on the phone if bluetooth connected, in other words the alarm will work, but the sound will only be in bluetooth, i guess one would have to sleep with bluetooth to wake up. Also if bluetooth connected you will not hear a ring on the phone, you will only hear ring in bluetooth. Very , very disappointed. My advice, don buy it yet, maybe they'll fix it later.
Screen is only in portrait mode when phone dialer is used...................I am so surprised. You´re device must be way different than all the other ones.

Welcome to the forum

Portrait mode is yes only enabled in the dialer for now. It´ll be enabled in more aspects via updates later. Nokia has not been specific on how far they´ll go with that.

I´d see the device not making sounds in other places than on the bluetooth to be the feature I´d want. I mean really, don´t I connect to bluetooth headsets for the purpose of using them? And then disconnect if I am not?

Last edited by olighak; 2009-12-03 at 01:37.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to olighak For This Useful Post:
Before buying a product (especially something expensive), always know and research what you're buying.

It's your own fault.

The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to unkno For This Useful Post:

Tags
bluetooth, fanbois, idiot in noob clothing, noise, nokia n900, ring, screen