Active Topics

Posts: 280 | Thanked: 72 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Switzerland
Give the man a break! He's pissed off for burning a hole in his pants & getting this sort of result. It's normal!

I'm sorry to hear this dude, I guess you'll just have to wait for a firmware update or perhaps exchange it for another N900? If it makes you happy, just ask for a refund & go for the Milestone or HD2.

A little tip for the future; don't EVER moan about the N900 on talk.maemo.org, you'll get the auto-abuse reply

Last edited by God; 2009-12-03 at 01:40.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to God For This Useful Post:
A phone should work as a phone first, dont care about multiple desktops if i cant hear when someone is calling me

Posts: 1,283 | Thanked: 370 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ South Florida
I have to say that the Original Poster is 100% on target here. I'm noticing some strange stuff with Bluetooth in a number of different areas in addition to what he is referring to. All the things that bother Vasputin are irritating to me as well.

Trade descriptions act comes into this
send it back 2 year warranty with nokia might aswel make most of it since u paid a bomb load already

Posts: 280 | Thanked: 72 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Switzerland
Originally Posted by vasputin View Post
A phone should work as a phone first, dont care about multiple desktops if i cant hear when someone is calling me
Oh but don't forget...the N900 is only a phone SECOND!

mhm!

The Following User Says Thank You to God For This Useful Post:
This community is just becoming a place to vent their complaints, what has happened to the community. I bet it wasn't like this with just the first internet tablet users using it.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Diavoli For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
Just got my new NOKIA N900 yesterday. I must say i've been a loyal, long time fan and user of NOKIAs, but this one... they really screwed it up big time! So many bugs, such a crap. I'm sending it back tomorrow for a full refund. Screen only tilts if you use phone dialer, alarm does now work on the phone if bluetooth connected, in other words the alarm will work, but the sound will only be in bluetooth, i guess one would have to sleep with bluetooth to wake up. Also if bluetooth connected you will not hear a ring on the phone, you will only hear ring in bluetooth. Very , very disappointed. My advice, don buy it yet, maybe they'll fix it later.

Dude how old are you? How could you not know that the only thing that work in rotate is the Phone. They stated it on their pre-release information man. If you are suffering from "ID-10-T" syndrome then you can ask a doctor to fix you up with some google medicine. Beside the device is not suite for you, since you don't even know how to operate it or learn how to use it well.

The Following User Says Thank You to maxximuscool For This Useful Post:
Thanks for speaking out. They all think i'm crazy here.

This model is really undeveloped.

Originally Posted by les_garten View Post
I have to say that the Original Poster is 100% on target here. I'm noticing some strange stuff with Bluetooth in a number of different areas in addition to what he is referring to. All the things that bother Vasputin are irritating to me as well.

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
First of all Nokia N900 is not class as a PHONE. Read Nokia Claimed. It is an Internet Tablet Device with Phone Functionality added.

Old enough " DUDE ". Be nice with your comments.

Originally Posted by maxximuscool View Post
Dude how old are you? How could you not know that the only thing that work in rotate is the Phone. They stated it on their pre-release information man. If you are suffering from "ID-10-T" syndrome then you can ask a doctor to fix you up with some google medicine. Beside the device is not suite for you, since you don't even know how to operate it or learn how to use it well.

Tags
bluetooth, fanbois, idiot in noob clothing, noise, nokia n900, ring, screen