I am missing these features in N900...

1. vertical keypad for unlocking the device. For example when I am driving and want to unlock it, it is pretty inconvinient to unlock the device, as the keypad is in horizontal position. I wish it was rotating as dialpad does when using in phone mode... Maybe there is some workaround for it (except not using a device lock) but I haven't fond it (yet)

2. second thing is "slide to answer" option. Sometimes, especially when my phone is in my pocket and the phone rings I accidently press answer/decline call buttons. I wish there was an option to "slide" to answer the incoming phone call... It would be more safe for some not wanted phone calls

The Following User Says Thank You to radekpl For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,473 | Thanked: 12,265 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Jerusalem, PS/IL
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=32060
Not sure about the first thing though

thanks, but no solutions yet I will wait for the brainstorm results, it seems that many users vote for slide to answer option

Originally Posted by radekpl View Post
I am missing these features in N900...

1. vertical keypad for unlocking the device. For example when I am driving and want to unlock it, it is pretty inconvinient to unlock the device, as the keypad is in horizontal position. I wish it was rotating as dialpad does when using in phone mode... Maybe there is some workaround for it (except not using a device lock) but I haven't fond it (yet)

2. second thing is "slide to answer" option. Sometimes, especially when my phone is in my pocket and the phone rings I accidently press answer/decline call buttons. I wish there was an option to "slide" to answer the incoming phone call... It would be more safe for some not wanted phone calls
i want slide to answer too!!
its quite annoying when the phone picks up cuz of your pocket!

I would like slide to lock and unlock screen too - I never use it without the keyboard, so it would just make it much easier to lock - rather than remembering to do ti before going in my pocket

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
+1 on both

Posts: 19 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on May 2010 @ UK-PAX
any chance of someone writing a script for it - or is that bit a part of closed phone code ?

Posts: 378 | Thanked: 206 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Denmark
slide to answer would be nice.. and device lock screen should rotate according to acc. meter. i dont think we will see slide to answer for atleast 6 months... is the unlock screen part of the closed software?

Posts: 115 | Thanked: 114 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ | MAD | MEX | MOW |
i'd definitely go +1 on both too!