Notices

Posts: 844 | Thanked: 521 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ UK southampton
Originally Posted by trisha02 View Post
hey guys..cant find it in the menu
Try rebooting if that does not work uninstall from App manager and reinstall.

nice port neverputt works pretty well from my quick play.
Neverball as mentioned by a few others is unplayble , mostly due to accelerometer calibration and fitting the ranges to sort the sensitivty issues.
I wonder if we can overide the mouse remote with accelermymote?

Camera issues isnt really a port problem at all, that would be down to the game engine, a lazy or lag based camera would help slightly of course.

Great work porting these over :-)
cheers
nick

[SOLVED]

Originally Posted by mardy View Post
Hi Estel, unfortunately there's not much I can do, as I didn't package libsdl myself. What error message do you get if you try to run "apt-get install libsdl-ttf2.0" from the command line (as root)?
Thanks for looking at it. When i try apt-get from xterm, I get:

"Package libsdl-ttf2.0 is not available, but is reffered to by another package. This may mean that the package is missing, has been obsoleted, or is only available from another source."

Considering that no one else got this problem, is suppose that this package may be included in stock maemo, just absent from my device (maybe I deleted it by accident, long time ago?). Can someone please check, in what repos this package is located (via apt-get)? Of course i have enabled extras, extras-testing, and extras-devel. I think that I may be missing some Nokia stock repo - my HAM doesn't show ANY repos, ho ever FAP works like a charm.

As last resort, if better solutions mentioned above fail, I would ask to upload libsdl-ttf2.0 for me, someone.

/Estel

//Edit
I know this may be little off-topic - sorry in advance for that. Still, maybe it will help if someone else encounter this problem.

[SOLVED]

Scratch this post, managed to fix it myself, using my own presumptions from this post Reinstalling hildon-application-manager + manually adding Nokia Apps repository solved problem. Sorry for bothering.
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Last edited by Estel; 2011-07-14 at 20:50.

Posts: 265 | Thanked: 96 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Sydney, Australia
Originally Posted by mardy View Post
Please see the video in my blog, it clearly shown how to quit the game.

To change camera, change it in /home/user/.neverball-dev/neverballrc

Low-res textures are not supported, they look simply too ugly :-)

wooowww with the camera change, the game just instantly gets 100 times better. :O

Posts: 566 | Thanked: 282 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Lower Saxony
What did you change? The key_camera values ?

I also tried Neverputt, and it's great! Now must check if there are other set's available, other than basic course.

By the way, with limits 500 mhz -900 mhz, never encountered any slowdown on Neverball.

What can i say, just again *really* great work mardy. Still, few suggestions:

1. In mainline Neverball, one can control it with keyboard. Do you think that it is doable with reasonable effort, to enable - at least by editing config manually, if not by GUI - to choose between accelerometer and keyboard control (or both)? also, would it be possible to remap F* buttons to volume keys, by default?

2. Suggested before - some way of reseting accelerometer control. Even with different camera enabled, you must keep N900 flat to have "equilibrium" state, then performing some acrobatic tricks require to hold N900 in *very* not comfortable positions. It would be great if player had single button to "set" current position as "flat". Or just need to keep N900 in desired position @ lvl start.

3. Sorry to say that, but current icons sux @ fremantle. Maybe they will look great on N900, but now they have incorrect size and ugly scale on hildon-home.

4. If there is any additional material for Neverputt (other than 18 training set) it would be really nice to add it to game as default - due lack of additional lvl's (or it's jsut that I don't know how to switch sets? Tried really hard), it seems somehow as bigger demo now.

Sorry if i missed something, and some of my suggestions are already achieved.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Thanks! Neverball is very playable on my N900, better than on my Linux laptop with a mouse.

Here's documentation for the conf values:
http://www.sourcefiles.org/Games/Puz...0.tar.gz.shtml

the camera angle is too bad..very much unplayable.also the accelerometer.ny soln?

Originally Posted by trisha02 View Post
the camera angle is too bad..very much unplayable.also the accelerometer.ny soln?
See the link above for the configuration file. You can adjust camera angle etc. to your liking.