Active Topics

Does ejabberd support anything like Google's presence queuing? I asked here: http://www.ejabberd.im/node/5075 but didn't get any response.

Posts: 249 | Thanked: 277 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Brighton, UK
...all I can say to this thread is "Fixed in Fremantle"

...sorry, couldn't resist.

Does yahoo messenger work with this?

Posts: 307 | Thanked: 1,460 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Switzerland
Originally Posted by soleil View Post
Does yahoo messenger work with this?
No, that would require someone to port a library like Haze over to harmattan. The only one I can see apart from MSN that would be easy to do is Gadu-Gadu, as that has a python library just like MSN.

The Following User Says Thank You to billranton For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by billranton View Post
I get a bit more consumption, but nothing like you're getting. My idle power goes up by about 10-15mA with msn and my own jabber which is running on ejabberd. I think you've got something else going on there. Which version of papyon did you use? If you're not using the git version, maybe try that.
i'm using the instructions on the first post of the 'MSN on the N9/N950! ' thread.

I will uninstall these and get the debs from your updated post in the same thread.

You said:

I've updated my earlier post with the proper packages, so everyone should replace the self-built stuff with those. To do that, run 'make uninstall' as root in the telepathy-butterfly and python-telepathy source directories, then install the packages. Papyon doesn't seem to do uninstall, but didn't seem to care. If you get an error about files not being linked, uninstall the package and install it again. That worked for me. My N9 feels a lot cleaner now
I've logged in as root using devel-su
cd /home/user/MyDocs/msn/telepathy-python-0.15.19/
then typed 'make uninstall'
I get the error make: *** No rule to make target 'uninstall'. Stop

Also, I'm unclear on what you mean by 'uninstall the package and install again' how would I uninstall Papyon if it doesn't want to install?

Last edited by rexii23; 2011-12-01 at 21:26.

Posts: 307 | Thanked: 1,460 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Switzerland
Don't bother trying to uninstall with make then if it's not working, just let dpkg -i overwrite. If you get errors, try removing with dpkg -r then installing again. Are you having problems installing papyon from the deb?

libpurple works with yahoo messenger as well.

The Following User Says Thank You to shmerl For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by billranton View Post
Don't bother trying to uninstall with make then if it's not working, just let dpkg -i overwrite. If you get errors, try removing with dpkg -r then installing again. Are you having problems installing papyon from the deb?
I got a couple of warnings and also a No digsigsums file, but it installed fine.
telepathy-butterfly threw a number number of warnings though, a number of directories are linked but does not belong to any package.

I'll try an uninstall when i get home, this is too painful without putty:P
Everything seem to be working still even without the uninstall. I'll report back on the battery issue.

Quick update, /usr/bin/python /usr/lib/telepathy/tel is eating all the CPU. despite a decent signal (webpages load with decent speed) The status icon just keeps on flashing and I can't connect

UPDATE:
just did an uninstall and re-install. I think the problem is signal strength. Although signal is reasonable for loading website, it may be quite variable and telepathy doesn't like it. I'm not having this issue at home on wifi or walking around outside with 3G. i never had this problem with my n900 though in the office at work. Hopefully pr1.2 can improve this.

Last edited by rexii23; 2011-12-02 at 08:13.

Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,699 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
billranton, which jabber you using for calls? i see call icon on your jabber account.

Hi all. First time to post here. Thanks for the great tips for enabling MSN and also have the icons and integration there. However, after following the first post enabling MSN, the nameless account service created was still there after running through the sqlite3 script . Now I have 2 chat services: one unnamed, and the other being the proper MSN. How can I delete the unnamed service?