Michaaa62, I did same cleaning or should I say deleting some file and folders and suddenly everything went back to be fine and normal. I can install again as normal, I can update and so on. Just as you said the phone was full and needed some cleaning. Hopefully that was the problem. What I found strange this time is that when I executed the command in X terminal like you said and then went to view the disk_usage.txt file I saw that the file is empty. Nothing, blank. So I thought I did something wrong and tried the earlier commands in you earlier post (#14 and #18) here in this tread and they came out with the same results. The files were all totally empty. Strange. Since I donīt have my phone with me right now I cannot try it again but I will later today just to see, perhaps I did something wrong after all. Nevertheless I thank you for all the help.

Last edited by miroslav_s; 2012-02-08 at 10:52.

Posts: 2,102 | Thanked: 1,937 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Berlin, Germany
You still may want to repartition...
Here is the fine wiki entry about it: http://wiki.maemo.org/Repartitioning_the_flash

Will try that for sure. Thanks

Originally Posted by michaaa62 View Post
You still may want to repartition...
Here is the fine wiki entry about it: http://wiki.maemo.org/Repartitioning_the_flash

I have partitioned my N900 for installing Nitdroid, but by mistake i lost my my N900 storage, i used the command of wiki for partitioning the eMMC but i am not able to umount /home/user/MyDocs giving error device or resource busy also as described table not accepted by sfdisk i am just made calls from my cell no applications running, Kindly guide me

Regards

Is MyDocs folder still in use by any other application, like media player, image viewer or are 'you' still in the MyDocs folder in X-Terminal application. This will prevent the partition to be unmounted.

Which solution you are trying to apply?
Did you make the file system for your nitdroid partition?
Please post the output of
Code:
mount
sudo gainroot
sfdisk -l
You might as well show the table, you want to dump to the device.

The Following User Says Thank You to michaaa62 For This Useful Post:
Thanka a lot MICHAA 62 for a prompt reply, i just want to use maemo, android and ubunto in my cell, i had trying the solution #2 as described by wiki partitioning the flash to install multiple os, i attached here snapshot of your commands, now i restore my emmc and my mmcblk0p1 restored as 24.4 GB but still i not able to open application i.e. conversation, camera, notes....

please guide me how to create "table" i.e. unit: sectors ..... there is no response received after giving table command in xterm.

Thanks again for your valued response

Regards
Attached Images

Well, the first part of the solution #2 reads in fat letters:
Warning: the contents of MyDocs will deleted. Perform a backup!
The explanations for solution #2 are rather sparse and, be warned, require additional knowledge in the latter stages!

Your Emmc partioning scheme is crippled now! And has no swap!
Restoring anything now is just a waste of time because you first have to correct things!

You create the file named 'table' with a text editor, may it be nano, vi or leafpad, and copy and paste the content of the wiki or create a custom layout. Or use the echo command for this
Code:
 echo "unit: sectors
/dev/mmcblk0p1 : start=       64, size= 39854080, Id= 0
/dev/mmcblk0p2 : start= 39854144, size= 16777216, Id= 5
/dev/mmcblk0p3:  start= 56631360, size=  4194304, Id=83
/dev/mmcblk0p4 : start= 60825664, size=  1572864, Id=82
/dev/mmcblk0p5 : start= 39854160, size=  9765680, Id=83
/dev/mmcblk0p6 : start= 49619856, size=  7011504, Id=83" > table
These lines are all just one command, best copy and paste it, but make sure the content is what you want!
You have to dumb this 'table' to the device
Code:
sfdisk --no-reread /dev/mmcblk0 < table
The MyDocs partition is disabled, so that Maemo does not produce any errors. After a needed reboot, you should apply the file systems

The Following User Says Thank You to michaaa62 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by michaaa62 View Post
Well, the first part of the solution #2 reads in fat letters:The explanations for solution #2 are rather sparse and, be warned, require additional knowledge in the latter stages!

Your Emmc partioning scheme is crippled now! And has no swap!
Restoring anything now is just a waste of time because you first have to correct things!

You create the file named 'table' with a text editor, may it be nano, vi or leafpad, and copy and paste the content of the wiki or create a custom layout. Or use the echo command for this
Code:
 echo "unit: sectors
/dev/mmcblk0p1 : start=       64, size= 39854080, Id= 0
/dev/mmcblk0p2 : start= 39854144, size= 16777216, Id= 5
/dev/mmcblk0p3:  start= 56631360, size=  4194304, Id=83
/dev/mmcblk0p4 : start= 60825664, size=  1572864, Id=82
/dev/mmcblk0p5 : start= 39854160, size=  9765680, Id=83
/dev/mmcblk0p6 : start= 49619856, size=  7011504, Id=83" > table
These lines are all just one command, best copy and paste it, but make sure the content is what you want!
You have to dumb this 'table' to the device
Code:
sfdisk --no-reread /dev/mmcblk0 < table
The MyDocs partition is disabled, so that Maemo does not produce any errors. After a needed reboot, you should apply the file systems
Thanks michaaa for solving the problem.