Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
@t-b, @wicket, thank you. I would not know as I have never used it myself (he says cowering in the corner). The stories I have heard about it have always dissuaded me from trying.
What are you using then, pray tell me!
I mean, vi is OK on most cosole work but when I'm working on a grphical envionment I usually whip out xemacs

The Following User Says Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Posts: 71 | Thanked: 456 times | Joined on Jan 2017 @ Portugal
Hi
I have a old unit converter program I did back them for symbian, Qt4 widget based, not sure if it will work for N900.
You can add new units very easily without any programming skills so you such be good to add imperial to metric.

Check the site soft-ingenium dot planetaclix dot pt/yuc/Yuc dot html and the code is (it seems I cant post links because I'm a forum newbie so to get the code go to github, username joaodeus and repo is named yuc)

Hope it helps

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to john_god For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
I mean, vi is OK on most cosole work but when I'm working on a grphical envionment I usually whip out xemacs
Leafpad!

(Or, on Windows, Notepad++)

The Following User Says Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 634 | Thanked: 3,266 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Colombia
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
Every time I tried to use Emacs, instead of editing text, I found myself playing the text adventure game that came bundled with it. It never really seemed like a serious text editor to me due to all of the extra bloat which provides functionality that I already have available to me in my operating system.

I use vi or Vim. I originally learnt to use vi because it would be preinstalled on any Unix machine. Now I'm so accustomed to using it that any other editor I try or am forced to use, feels painfully slow to navigate and edit text.

Maemo Leste for N950 and N9 (currently broken).
Devuan for N950 and N9.

Mobile devices with mainline Linux support - Help needed with documentation.

"Those who do not understand Unix are condemned to reinvent it, poorly." - Henry Spencer

The Following User Says Thank You to wicket For This Useful Post:
Posts: 562 | Thanked: 1,732 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ NYC
Gonvert, still working great for me.

The Following User Says Thank You to xman For This Useful Post: