Hi all. After having acquired 2 spare pre-loved N900s I now want to have a try at repairing my original. With some minor bumps, scratches and a failed attempt at a housing replacement, I want to give it another shot - thanks to these forums and reading the issues / success stories of other N900 owners.

So here's what's wrong with my N900 after attempting a housing replacement (prior to coming across the maemo hardware forums):

(1) The charging LED light doesn't work
(2) Can't hear caller in incoming or outgoing calls - I have to use loudspeaker or earphones
(3) Device can occasionally run a little slow / clunky(reboot fixes this most times)
(4) The slider cable appears to be partially torn away at the base of the connector
(5) Missing one #00 phillips head screw that goes in just underneath the back of the device after taking the back cover off
(6) Desperately need to replace housing.
(7) New battery (already sorted)

Despite this, the phone is in great working order, no OCs or other mods - just a little complacency on my part. So my thinking is first to reflash device (after backing up pics & vids) to see if that does anything. Then I'd look to replace the flex cable ribbon (replace the LCD touch screen digitiser too?), in the hope that this may rectify issues (1), (2) and (3) above.

Also:
Where might I find some size 00 phillips head screws the same as the ones in the N900, or what other Nokias use the same screws? I only need the one! Am I better off replacing them with torx screws?
Any recommended eBay parts for flex cable ribbon / digitiser, or will any cheap OEM Hong Kong part be enough?

I'm going to follow some youtube instructions on how to replace housing.

Look forward to anyone's comments.

Cheers

Last edited by sleekizm78; 2012-03-27 at 13:25.