I have my lovely device over 2 years now, also using Galaxy S2 but i want to keep using my n900 I noticed this problem since a while, that i cannot have portrait during my call, and the oriantation just never works any more ! I just re-flashed my phone with Vanela and FISCo , still no help ! I am using Titan Kernal for over clocking just for extra info....

Also strangely i have totally lost my on screen keyboard too ! so i have nothing to type unless i use the hardware.

Are these both problems related ? (I did drop my phone once to an extend that i had to de-assemble and re-connect the cable that runs through the lcd and mother board)

Hope this is not a physical damage !

Happy New Year Every one !

Posts: 1,986 | Thanked: 7,698 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Dayton, Ohio
Originally Posted by zikmir View Post
Are these both problems related ?
Just a guess, but I would suspect they are. The N900 should automatically go into landscape mode when you open the hardware keyboard; also, I believe that it should hide the on-screen keyboard whenever the hardware keyboard has been opened. So, I suspect your N900 thinks that the keyboard is constantly out.

I don't know enough about hardware to say how to fix that, though. My understanding (from the battery wiki) is that the keyboard status is detected via a magnet somewhere, but that is the extent of my knowledge...

give it a flash n it ll be alright ..

Originally Posted by The Winter View Post
give it a flash n it ll be alright ..
I gave it a Full Flash !