Do people who claim that their N900 are free of scratch use their fingernails on the screen regularly?

I'm worried that the flicking action with your fingernail might scratch the screen.

Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
I'm more worried about using the stylus than about using fingernails on screen.

Posts: 1,589 | Thanked: 720 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Arlington (DFW), Texas
Originally Posted by eiffel View Post
And then you get chicken fat all over the stylus, and then you put the stylus back in its slot and you get chicken fat all over the inside of the stylus slot which is impossible to clean.

No thanks, I'll finish my fried chicken before surfing.
White guys eat fried chicken?? Just kidding. Why else would KFC be famous? (Black folks prefer our own chicken...)

Originally Posted by christexaport View Post
White guys eat fried chicken?? Just kidding. Why else would KFC be famous? (Black folks prefer our own chicken...)
Of course, but I don't eat that kfc. I make for my family more sundays than not. Of course I do live in north carolina, usa so I came by it honest

Last edited by quipper8; 2009-11-19 at 08:01.

The Following User Says Thank You to quipper8 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,159 | Thanked: 2,023 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by unkno View Post
Do people who claim that their N900 are free of scratch use their fingernails on the screen regularly?

I'm worried that the flicking action with your fingernail might scratch the screen.
i use a 0,5mm mechanical pencil that has a steel tip with my n800 @work. just push the lead in and switch from paper to xournal.

works perfectly with zaggs invisibleshield (the only one that haven't got problems at all, ordered 3 others that were full of ****. as a side note from their constant quality)
If the link doesn't help, just use
Google Custom Search

Posts: 1,589 | Thanked: 720 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Arlington (DFW), Texas
I will hopefully be doing a video demo of the invisible shield booth at the mall.

Posts: 26 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Utrecht, the Netherlands
Originally Posted by archzai View Post
smudge or not doesnt even really mater when people get SCREEN PROTECTORS nowadays, honestly, if i said "iPhone smudges so easily" most people would counter by saying "so what, we all use screen protectors anyways"
Nope, they would say "there's an app for that"

The Following User Says Thank You to Hmtsjmftsch For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by unkno View Post

Unless the n900 screen is made of wet tissue paper, it'll be fine, I've been using a p990's resistive touchscreen with my nails ever since I got it (2007), with no protector of any kind, and it has caused exactly no scratches... same with my p900 before that which I also used for several years (which was even dropped face down on some rocks, and although it caused dents, the touchscreen still worked perfectly)

Last edited by hallokitty; 2009-11-19 at 14:23.

Originally Posted by christexaport View Post
You're the first I've heard say this besides me! I like the more precise selection of objects the most. What makes resistive best for you?
Trust me, your are not the only one. Capacitive screens are great for dumbed-down, fat fingered U.I.s. But nothing compares to the precision of a good styli. My personal favorite is Active Digitizer (Wacom), but that needs too much power for a phone/phone size device.

No one yet has been able to explain to me why there is such a hard-on for capacitive screens, or why there is such a hate for resistive screen. I understand the draw of "multi-touch" but there are resistive screens that can to that, I know there are, I remember reading about them. That aside, Nothing compares to the precision of a good styli, Nothing.

Posts: 232 | Thanked: 102 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Warren, MI, USA
I'll admit, after using the Droid for a few weeks now...browsing with a capacitive, high-resolution screen is a bit of a pain sometimes. even with zooming in, sometimes clicking on a link in the browser with your finger is challenging, especially if there's a dropdown menu that overlays on top of an existing link (like on Google's home page when you click on the MOREv link). The links are small unless zoomed in very close. Pressing with your finger often results in incorrect links being selected.

The Following User Says Thank You to pagesix1536 For This Useful Post: