Notices

Just finished (well is any port ever actually 'finished'?) porting the atari800 emulator to run on OS2008, Thanks to everyone who helped me through this experience. (it might work on OS2007 but I have no way to test it...)

It works well with the Bluetooth keyboards and with XKBD (especially Addisons' x.xkbd custom keyboard.

Fullscreen is available using the fullscreen key.
The Atari Option key is '-'.
the Atari Select key is '+'.
The Atari Start key is 'home'.
The emulator menu is brought up with the 'menu' key.

By default joystick 1 is configured to be the D-Pad and center button (fire) if you want to use the computer (Ataridos etc..) then disable the joystick either in the menu or in the atari800.cfg file.

I have disabled the monitor as best I can, however a crash will still dump the emulator to monitor and there is no way out of this unless you ran it from xterm. The only way to recover is to killall atari800 or reboot.

You will need to acquire the roms necessary for this emulator (atari OSA, OSB, XL/XE BASIC and 5200 as well as any disk and cartridge images you want to use. These roms go into a folder you create on /media/mmc2/ called atari/ROMS, I break mine into atari/HD, atari/DISKIMAGES and atari/CARTS so I can keep them better organized, but since you have to browse to them anyway, they can go anywhere..

You can find more information on the roms and images at both my site (http://www.n8ftl.com/maemo) and the original authors site (http://atari800.atari.org).

You can download the package attached to this post or from my site (http://www.n8ftl.com/maemo)

Enjoy!

-John
Attached Images

Attached Files
File Type: deb atari800-2.0.3-3.armel.deb (156.2 KB, 246 views)

Last edited by tobiasj; 2008-04-01 at 00:51. Reason: more information

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to tobiasj For This Useful Post:
John - where is it expecting the roms/ disk images to be? To say it another way - where should I put the roms? Where should I put the disks.

Nate

Originally Posted by Natehunderd View Post
John - where is it expecting the roms/ disk images to be? To say it another way - where should I put the roms? Where should I put the disks.

Nate
Good grief! I forgot to put that in!
The default location is on /media/mmc2/atari/XXXX where X is ROMS or HD or DISKIMAGES (though the only one that HAS to be there is ROMS and all the roms go in there. however you can (using the .atari800.cfg file) put them anywhere and put the locations in the cfg file.

Sorry for the missing information...

-John

Hate to ask it, but could you center the image inside the window? =)

Originally Posted by fms View Post
Hate to ask it, but could you center the image inside the window? =)
Don't hate, ask away.
It is centered when it is in full screen. I will look into trying to make it shove over a bit when in windowed mode. Not sure if it is even possible, all the SDL games I have on my N800 (when they can even work in windowed mode) are all the way to the left side. But I won't know until I try.

Thanks,

-John

Last edited by tobiasj; 2008-04-01 at 11:47.

Posts: 271 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Finland
There is M.U.L.E. for 8bit Atari.. That was first thing at my mind..

But.. Is it possible use/run this from menu or do I need use Xterm.. I havent used it a all..

There is an icon in the extras menu when you install this. you can run it from there, or from xterm if you want. Either will work.

Wow, I forgot all about M.U.L.E. I have to dig those disks up and make an image out of them...

Thanks,

-John

Last edited by tobiasj; 2008-04-01 at 16:44.

I got emulator run and M.U.L.E..

Now missing keyboard.. Somehow I need change planeters from 4 to 1.. N800 doesnt have select key..

Originally Posted by Mika73 View Post
I got emulator run and M.U.L.E..

Now missing keyboard.. Somehow I need change planeters from 4 to 1.. N800 doesnt have select key..
Fullscreen is available using the fullscreen key.
The Atari Option key is '-'.
the Atari Select key is '+'.
The Atari Start key is 'home'.
The emulator menu is brought up with the 'menu' key.

Try the + key.. see if that works or use xkbd like I do.. I am still looking for my M.U.L.E. disks... Found... Archon, but no M.U.L.E (I really need to clean up these disks..) yet...

Last edited by tobiasj; 2008-04-01 at 17:22.

Hi

Thanks. But is it possible somehow turn on onscreen keyboard that I can see at your screenshots?

I did ffound fullscreen, it acts like normal and options for emulator.