Posts: 49 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Paris, France
I have a problem with my standby screen. When I don't touch my N9 for a while the standby screen starts: all black with just the time displayed and the percentage of the battery (I have the battery icon application installed). If I cover the proximity sensor then the screen switch off completely. To this point all is normal.

When I uncover the proximity sensor, the screen switch on (in a dark room you can see that the screen is a little less dark) but the time is not displayed. Double tab, or pressing the power button works fine.

I have tried to disabled the battery percentage, and rebooted several times but with no avail.

Any idea how to fix this annoying problem.

Thanks

Last edited by titou1234; 2012-08-08 at 08:16.

I had same problem 2 days ago but I'm not patient so I fully reflashed it . My display was acting weird , remaining at full brightness in low power mode , so I disabled LPM for avoiding amoled damage .

I tried to fix it by replacing sysuid and other sysui related files with original ones but I didn't find out how to fix it , neither what provoked this .

The Following User Says Thank You to Dragoss91 For This Useful Post:
yes flash to feel good.,i had same problem

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
well before you do a re-flash could you try disabling the LPS, reboot, then enabling it...does it work when you uncover the proximity sensor...if it doesn't its best to reflash like what the others have posted above...

I'm unable to find the package name that could help with this hence can't advice on just re-installing the offending package...if somebody could help can you go thro' this link and identify the package: http://vesuri.jormas.com/harmattan/pr13changes.html

It would help the next person who has such a problem to re-install the package instead of just reflashing...

The Following User Says Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
well before you do a re-flash could you try disabling the LPS, reboot, then enabling it...does it work when you uncover the proximity sensor...if it doesn't its best to reflash like what the others have posted above...
Thanks for the tip but what is the LPS and how to disable it ?

Originally Posted by titou1234 View Post
Thanks for the tip but what is the LPS and how to disable it ?
LPS = low power screen .

Settings > Device > Display > Stand-by screen

I tried to disable LPS, reboot and enabled it again but it didn't worked. I also tried to "Restore ALL to default" in the "Lock screen & Low power screen MODs" option in N9QTweak and to uninstall unrestricted ui (again with N9QTweak) but still no luck.

EDIT: I uninstalled unrestricted ui, because I updated it 2 days ago, so I thought perhaps it was the cause of the problem.

I am not very confident to reflash my N9 as I have never done it before and my only Internet access is using my N9 and a 3G connexion.

So any new ideas will be greatly appreciated before I can have another Internet connexion and try to reflash my N9.

Thanks.

Last edited by titou1234; 2012-08-05 at 14:11.

Posts: 428 | Thanked: 226 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Philippines
Originally Posted by titou1234 View Post
I tried to disable LPS, reboot and enabled it again but it didn't worked. I also tried to "Restore ALL to default" in the "Lock screen & Low power screen MODs" option in N9QTweak and to uninstall unrestricted ui (again with N9QTweak) but still no luck.

EDIT: I uninstalled unrestricted ui, because I updated it 2 days ago, so I thought perhaps it was the cause of the problem.

I am not very confident to reflash my N9 as I have never done it before and my only Internet access is using my N9 and a 3G connexion.

So any new ideas will be greatly appreciated before I can have another Internet connexion and try to reflash my N9.

Thanks.
No worries...the actual flashing process does not require an Internet connection. You only needed the Internet to download the files needed for the actual flashing procedure.

Originally Posted by topet2k12001 View Post
No worries...the actual flashing process does not require an Internet connection. You only needed the Internet to download the files needed for the actual flashing procedure.
I am afraid having a problem during the flashing process and can't solve it because of no Internet connexion. Also the size of the firmware seems too big for my 3G dataplan (> 1Go).

I prefer having phone with a small problem than no phone at all !!!

The Following User Says Thank You to titou1234 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 169 | Thanked: 132 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Toronto, Canada
I honestly can't remember WHERE I got these instructions, but it was in the forum here somewhere. You can just reinstall the offending package. It fixed my problem.

Keep searching around, and you'll find it. I'll do a little hunting, and see if I can find it for you.

The Following User Says Thank You to SolarisSixth For This Useful Post: