So I cannot figure out what else to do with my free time while I wait for this phone to come out. I don't know if they even exist yet but I figured this community would probably know first. I know that OS2008 is Maemo 4 but is there a Maemo 5 download site for me to browse future and potential apps/widgets that I would like to use. I just love planning out things for my future phone(s) (whatever they may be) and this would definitely help pass the time while waiting for the device to be released and shipped.

omg I'm a total tool, this is what I get for being tired and browsing the web....didn't even cross my mind the Maemo 5 forum would have all these apps that I'm looking for...but I guess my question still counts if I'm looking for a "cleaner" compilation of what's been done so far. Or maybe I should just make it a project myself and make a thread on it...unless that's already been done too and I just suck at searching

Last edited by toratoko; 2009-10-04 at 07:06. Reason: foolishness

The Following User Says Thank You to toratoko For This Useful Post:
Posts: 101 | Thanked: 129 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Los Angeles, CA
Playing around the scratchbox might be a good start. Porting some libraries might be an option as well. I found most libraries does not require too much effort to compile. For instance, ffmpeg is just a simply ./configure;make (they even come with Neon optimization which is awesome!).

Or you could start implement some widgets, read some ideas on brainstorming area and get inspired.

The Following User Says Thank You to bbns For This Useful Post:

Tags
apps, maemo 5, n900, software, widgets