Now with John the Ripper integration

The Following User Says Thank You to FRuMMaGe For This Useful Post:
Posts: 14 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Jan 2011 @ United Kingdom
Originally Posted by FRuMMaGe View Post
Install PyQt from the repos
Which PyQt should I Install...
Attached Images

I've installed the PyQt Full Install and it loads up but when i send the message it sends but i dont recieve any messages on my phone ive even tried +44 and the normal way which is 07mobile number..???

can any1 help me please

Last edited by Abdul123; 2011-06-14 at 20:04. Reason: Spelling mistake

Originally Posted by Abdul123 View Post
Which PyQt should I Install...
I believe the two packages you need are: python2.5-qt4-core and python2.5-qt4-gui (or the full pyqt should work).

I've installed the PyQt Full Install and it loads up but when i send the message it sends but i dont recieve any messages on my phone ive even tried +44 and the normal way which is 07mobile number..???

can any1 help me please
This program uses smsend (a command line dependency) to actually send the sms messages. You could try sending the messages using that, and see if it works.

I have only tested it using US phone numbers, and it has worked for me.
Can you post the full number that you are trying to send the message to?
Can you run smsbomb from the command line, send a message, and let me know what errors (if any) it displays on the terminal?

The Following User Says Thank You to xur17 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by xur17 View Post
I believe the two packages you need are: python2.5-qt4-core and python2.5-qt4-gui (or the full pyqt should work).

This program uses smsend (a command line dependency) to actually send the sms messages. You could try sending the messages using that, and see if it works.

I have only tested it using US phone numbers, and it has worked for me.
Can you post the full number that you are trying to send the message to?
Can you run smsbomb from the command line, send a message, and let me know what errors (if any) it displays on the terminal?
errmm hw do i run the sms bomb frm xterminal am kinda new to these stuff so jush dont know that much about xterminal...
but i had sms bomb before and it used to run perfect for UK users but dont know whats happend to it...
and the number i tried sending sms to was 07901603926 and i also tried this too +447901603926....its my old number and ive even tried to send it to mates it sends but you wouldnt recieve it....and i tried this in the xterminal i typed smsbomb and the app loaded but wen i clickd send and on the xterminal it askd for password which i dont know...and i jush clicked enter couple of tyms it sed password incorrect then at end it said all sms sent ! but i wouldnt recieve any though..?
any help please..

errmm hw do i run the sms bomb frm xterminal am kinda new to these stuff so jush dont know that much about xterminal...
but i had sms bomb before and it used to run perfect for UK users but dont know whats happend to it...
and the number i tried sending sms to was 07901603926 and i also tried this too +447901603926....its my old number and ive even tried to send it to mates it sends but you wouldnt recieve it....and i tried this in the xterminal i typed smsbomb and the app loaded but wen i clickd send and on the xterminal it askd for password which i dont know...and i jush clicked enter couple of tyms it sed password incorrect then at end it said all sms sent ! but i wouldnt recieve any though..?
any help please..
Sorry for the slow response.

I just uploaded a new version to extras-devel (0.2.4-2). I think this should fix your problem. I was using 'sudo' to run smssend, which is no longer necessary with the newer versions of smssend.

After you try it out, please vote for this.

Last edited by xur17; 2011-06-24 at 09:13.

Posts: 1,103 | Thanked: 368 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ india, indore
just one qustion

what "Delay" means??

for example if i put 24 in Delay box would it means

24 hrs or

24 min or

24 sec. ?

i have check whole thread about it (randomly) but could not find anything helping me also when i click smsomb on the top window for "help" or "about" button it does not give any option.

get your smooth live wallpaper today
My YouTube videos

Originally Posted by nicholes View Post
just one qustion

what "Delay" means??

for example if i put 24 in Delay box would it means

24 hrs or

24 min or

24 sec. ?
That is the amount of time in seconds that it waits between sending each message. I probably should add something after the text box that clarifies that.

To be perfectly honest though, I have pretty much stopped all development for Maemo, so it is unlikely I will make any changes to this program unless there are major problems with it.

I unfortunately don't have my n900 anymore. Any chance someone could take a screenshot of this app for me, and post it here?

I would like to post a screenshot in the app catalog, but I don't have any way of getting on unfortunately.

Posts: 1,103 | Thanked: 368 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ india, indore
here you go.....
Attached Images

get your smooth live wallpaper today
My YouTube videos

The Following User Says Thank You to nicholes For This Useful Post: