Active Topics

Anyone else seeing GoogleTalk issues popping up recently?

I've been using for years, and now it is disconnecting immediately after logging in, saying 'Connection to one or more accounts has been lost.'

For a few days, it seemed to depend on which internet access method I was using (tethered to GSM versus wifi at home) so that makes me think GoogleTalk might be rolling out a change.

Me - N800 with OS2008 Community SSU.

Posts: 708 | Thanked: 125 times | Joined on Jan 2007 @ Too Close To D.C
Yes, you can add me to the list. Seemed this problem with googletalk came up a few months ago then it cleared up. http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=75901

Last edited by heavyt; 2011-10-14 at 14:54.

The Following User Says Thank You to heavyt For This Useful Post:
at the very end of that thread above it seems it has returned again, so it's not just you. I'm still having the IM issues where you cant see your contacts statuses.

I was having problems connecting earlier this week. I modified my account settings to use my full gmail address as username (I had been using just the portion before the amperstand) and then was able to connect without any problems.

Posts: 708 | Thanked: 125 times | Joined on Jan 2007 @ Too Close To D.C
Originally Posted by rfeese View Post
I was having problems connecting earlier this week. I modified my account settings to use my full gmail address as username (I had been using just the portion before the amperstand) and then was able to connect without any problems.
Tried that but the @ symbol is not accepted in the username portion. Using N810.

Posts: 218 | Thanked: 59 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ spain
I'm in the same situation on both my N800 and N810.

Hey, Google talk works again