Active Topics

Posts: 861 | Thanked: 734 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Nomadic
Here's something that I've wondered...

Is it possible to force every application to launch (and stay launched even when a new window is opened) fullscreen?

Not that it would probably be something easily exposed, but that would be a neat feature to have (for Diablo) and many apps on my N800.

The Following User Says Thank You to ARJWright For This Useful Post:
Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Sounds like a potentially nice app to develop...

Posts: 290 | Thanked: 472 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Gothenburg, Sweden
I like that idea too... there is no need for "window mode" on tablet..

Posts: 609 | Thanked: 232 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ the end of my rope
Originally Posted by claesbas View Post
I like that idea too... there is no need for "window mode" on tablet..
There is if you want to be able to close windows without hitting a hardware button.

But I too would like to see this developed.

Posts: 397 | Thanked: 99 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Toronto, Ontario
I'm not sure if this is for every application, but I'm pretty sure if you close Maemo Mapper when full screen, when you relaunch it, it opens full screen. I'd test right now, but my battery is about to die and I'm getting ready to leave work. I think I did that with the web browswer as well.

Or I'm just crazy...

Just tested it and MM remembers. It is really quite simple to implement (on an app-by-app basis). You just need to save off the current setting to the applications main settings file, then set the window to that setting at load time.

I think I'll add this behavior to my apps.

The Following User Says Thank You to BrentDC For This Useful Post:
Posts: 751 | Thanked: 522 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ East Gowanus
Its a simple idea that would really be useful. Since you are using the tablet two handed most of the time anyway having to touch a hardware button to exit isn't too bad. I multitask most of my apps anyway so I always use the hardware button to switch between them.

Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
Like:

#! /bin/sh

while true; do
wmctrl -r :ACTIVE: -b add,fullscreen
done

Way to kill a battery though

Posts: 861 | Thanked: 734 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Nomadic
Originally Posted by BrentDC View Post
Just tested it and MM remembers. It is really quite simple to implement (on an app-by-app basis). You just need to save off the current setting to the applications main settings file, then set the window to that setting at load time.

I think I'll add this behavior to my apps.
That's great that it can be added on an app-by-app basis. Something in my UI/UX side of thinking says that such a feature should probably have been a rule for apps on Diablo.

Now the money question: can that be set outside of the individual application to control applications that might not have that trigger for full-screen memory enabled or not.

My thinking is something like a new panel within Control Panel to do this or other global actions that would append any installed applications with such a trigger.

Originally Posted by qwerty12 View Post
Like:

#! /bin/sh

while true; do
wmctrl -r :ACTIVE: -b add,fullscreen
done

Way to kill a battery though
what is this?