Notices

Posts: 25 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Ely, near Cambridge, UK
Hi all,

Many moons ago, I imported around 1200 Mp3s via Nokia PCSuite & WinMedia player onto the MicroSD card on my old Nokia 6124.

On that phone all the albums appeared with the songs in the correct album order.

However....when I inserted the same SD card into my n900, all my songs appear alphabeticised in media player......albeit in the correct album folder.....instead of in the intended album order .....?!?!?

Same happened when I tried copying same tracks onto the n900's internal HDD.

I don't use playlists much. Prefer listening in Album order. Being a bit new to all this I assumed all my tracks were all tagged ??!?

What have I done wrong ???

Any help gratefully received.....

Regards,
Sam

Last edited by HomesIckAlien; 2010-01-08 at 10:49. Reason: Desperation & boredom

.......Bump

......Buuuump

You've done nothing wrong, submit a bug against the media player app.

Posts: 162 | Thanked: 79 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Finland
Well could be that your songs don't have tags about albums. Can you list the music by genre or performer?

Originally Posted by chainreaction View Post
Well could be that your songs don't have tags about albums. Can you list the music by genre or performer?
That's exactly what I thought initially, but I think they are tagged since my songs can be listed by Genre or performer, & they listed correctly on my old phone (N6124).

I used PC Suite for many of the albums - from original CDs too - so would've thought the tagging was done automatically ?

Originally Posted by lardman View Post
You've done nothing wrong, submit a bug against the media player app.
Really ?!! But surely there'd be Thousands of others reporting the same issue.....have you seen the same thing too ?

If I'm not the only one, I'll gladly submit a bug but I was convinced it was something daft that I'd done !

Has anyone else experienced this problem ?

Posts: 251 | Thanked: 131 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ USA
I'm assuming your music is in the "Audio clips" folder.

Open up the terminal, try this, and let us know what the output is:

Code:
cd MyDocs/.sounds
tracker-info <path-to-song>
You'll need to replace "<path-to-song>" with an actual song. Holler if you need help figuring that out.

-jkq
Agro ... : [***-------] Relic(s) : N900

Well I think you've identified the issue....

Most of my music is still on the SD card in the Music folder....not sure how I browse to that ?

However, just to test, I've copied some tracks into the "Audio Clips" folder on the n900 partition, and run the command as follows below:

All the tracks appear to show as Track 0.....even though the other metadata has been carried across correctly.

How can I correct this ?
Attached Images

Last edited by HomesIckAlien; 2010-01-09 at 17:58. Reason: typo

Posts: 251 | Thanked: 131 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ USA
Originally Posted by HomesIckAlien View Post
Most of my music is still on the SD card in the Music folder....not sure how I browse to that ?
I believe it is in "/media/mmc1", but I'm not completely sure, as I don't have a card in mine.

Originally Posted by HomesIckAlien View Post
All the tracks appear to show as Track 0.....even though the other metadata has been carried across correctly.

How can I correct this ?
Hmm, I don't know if you can fix that on the N900 itself. Probably you'd have to fix the tags with some tagging program on your computer.

Maybe another forum member has some ideas?

-jkq
Agro ... : [***-------] Relic(s) : N900