Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 286 | Thanked: 219 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ France
Originally Posted by jakiman View Post
1. Interval number only shows 1 digit number. Would like this to show 2 digits. (Also, Max Idle traffic is 3 digits but would prefer 4)
Thanks for reporting it jakiman. Will be corrected soon

Originally Posted by jakiman View Post
Is it possible to have 1 for Wifi Infrastructure and 1 for Wifi Adhoc for monitored connections? (instead of just 'Wifi' which does both)
You want different settings for the 2 modes, to set different intervals for example that's correct ? Does AutoDisconnect close correctly both connections ?

Thanks for making this an application!

Tried with 3g and 2000-bytes as the limit and 2min interval, without any apps needing network - did not autodisconnect. EDIT: The connection was started before installing autodisconnect, so that was the reason. Will try again now.

Feature request: make it a setting applet, that was the intuitive place where I first looked for the settings.

Last edited by pillar; 2010-02-19 at 12:20.

Is there any way to not close the connetion when I ssh into n900 from pc?

Originally Posted by pillar View Post
Thanks for making this an application!

Tried with 3g and 2000-bytes as the limit and 2min interval, without any apps needing network - did not autodisconnect. EDIT: The connection was started before installing autodisconnect, so that was the reason. Will try again now.

Feature request: make it a setting applet, that was the intuitive place where I first looked for the settings.
Hey pillar. Yeah the settings are taken in account only in the next connection. I should have clarified this point.

Concerning your request : you want an entry in System>Settings (Date&Time etc.), is that correct ?

Originally Posted by fred123 View Post
Is there any way to not close the connetion when I ssh into n900 from pc?
Right now nop. But it can be interesting to add an option not to disconnect the device when you've established a ssh connection. Thanks for the feedback.

Originally Posted by calvin_42 View Post
Concerning your request : you want an entry in System>Settings (Date&Time etc.), is that correct ?
I agree with that, it would make the most sense placing it in the phone Settings.

@calvin_42: yeah, settings has this Extras section for additional applets: I have there shortcutd, Susbtitles and tweakr. Maybe the developers of those could help you with the code changes.

The Following User Says Thank You to pillar For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by pillar View Post
@calvin_42: yeah, settings has this Extras section for additional applets: I have there shortcutd, Susbtitles and tweakr. Maybe the developers of those could help you with the code changes.
OK thanks. I will check on it to implement it in the next version.

I got to say, Thank you calvin_42 from a programmer to another. I was thinking about coding this feature. This is something that should have come standard with the n900 and Nokia should have known better.

Posts: 17 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ London, UK
Originally Posted by amorek13 View Post
ok here is one bug i guess i will call it
after installing autodisconnect it delays the internet connection which cause my widgets not to update becasue its still connecting to the internet tested with autodisconnect installed and unistalled( connects to internet within 5 seconds instead of 12)
If you feel comfortable using vim and editing files this worked for me.

Edit the file /etc/network/if-up.d/99-autodisconnect. Go to the last line and add an ampersand so it looks like:

$AUTODISCONNECT &

Now edit /opt/autodisconnect/autodisconnect-check. On the 2nd line add 'sleep 10' so the first 2 lines looks like:

#!/bin/sh
sleep 10

This workaround is not a suitable long-term fix!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mclarson For This Useful Post: