Notices

I just uploaded version 1.9.0 of MeePasswords to:
http://meepasswords.garage.maemo.org....9.0_armel.deb

The biggest change in this release is the work conny made on the UI.
Besides this, I finally had the time to integrate the "harmattanized" version of the SectionScroller as published by ph5:
http://forum.meego.com/showthread.php?t=4600
,fix a minor issue on automatic logout, remove the confirmation dialog on manual logout, and added conny to the authors in the about dialog.

Overall, this release offers improvements in the UI and makes MeePasswords look much more like the stock Harmattan apps.
Personally, I really like the new look.
Great thanks to conny for recoding the UI!
Also thanks to ph5 for the code of the FastScroll version of the SectionScroller.

Please let us know how you like this new version. Especially the new UI. And don't forget to thank conny for his really fabulous work.

The Following User Says Thank You to Wonko For This Useful Post:
Posts: 654 | Thanked: 664 times | Joined on Feb 2009 @ Germany
Thanks for the new release. It was great working with you

The Following User Says Thank You to conny For This Useful Post:
Posts: 674 | Thanked: 191 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Buenos Aires, Argentina
Thanks.

Will you upload the new version to AppsForMeeGo?

Originally Posted by conny View Post
Thanks for the new release. It was great working with you
Thanks. It was great to work with you as well.

Originally Posted by alephito
Will you upload the new version to AppsForMeeGo?
As mentioned in my other post: I have currently some issues with respect to the OBS. Afaik building via OBS is a prerequisite for uploading an app to apps.formeego.com (At least, I don't know of another way to upload.).
So, I will need to fix the OBS build for MeePasswords first. But generally uploading this new version of MeePasswords to OBS and apps.formeego.com is on top of the to-do list for MeePasswords. Unfortunately, my time is very, very limited at the moment. So I can't make any promises on when this will happen.

Originally Posted by Wonko View Post
... I have currently some issues with respect to the OBS. ...
Well, apparently this issue was related to the OBS and not the MeePasswords package. I checked my repository today and noticed that MeePasswords had been built successfully.
Long story short: I just uploaded version 1.9.0 to apps.formeego.com testing.

Just installed MeePasswords to my N9. Works ok, however for som e reason I couldn't import my KeePass XML file (I'm running the windows version 1.21). Maybe there's some compatibility issue with KeePassX?

Posts: 49 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Paris, France
Hi,

I have found a bug. When it happens all the passwords are lost. Here are the steps to reproduce it:

1) Enter your password
2) Clic + to add a new entry
3) Enter a name for the entry
4) Wait a long time
5) click save
It asks for the password but if you look for the data file (encrypted.raw) it has been shrink to 16 or 32 bytes : all the passwords are lost and the password doesn't work anymore !

I hope you can correct this problem.

Thanks.

The Following User Says Thank You to titou1234 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by titou1234 View Post
Hi,

I have found a bug. When it happens all the passwords are lost. Here are the steps to reproduce it:

1) Enter your password
2) Clic + to add a new entry
3) Enter a name for the entry
4) Wait a long time
5) click save
It asks for the password but if you look for the data file (encrypted.raw) it has been shrink to 16 or 32 bytes : all the passwords are lost and the password doesn't work anymore !

I hope you can correct this problem.

Thanks.
Hi, first of all thanks a lot for reporting this issue and sorry for not responding in a timely manner. I seem to have overseen your post. I was quite busy with real life issues the last months.

Does "waiting a long time" include that the screen saver or lock screen is activated?

Edit: Nevermind, I was already able to reproduce your issue here. It really occurs when one tries to add a new entry and in between that process the screensaver or lockscreen are activated. Thanks again, I will try to fix that asap.

Last edited by Wonko; 2012-05-22 at 07:24.

I just finished version 1.9.2. This version fixes the issue titou1234 mentioned. Thanks a lot again to titou1234 for finding and reporting this indeed critical bug!
I am currently working on getting this version into apps.formeego.org testing.
Edit: The new version 1.9.2 is in testing for apps.formeego.org.
For now you can already get it from my download repository for Harmattan from:
http://repo.pub.meego.com/home:/wonko/Harmattan/

Additionally, MeePasswords is also available for Mer/Nemo. To install it in Mer/Nemo simply add my download repository via zypper and then install MeePasswords also via zypper:
Code:
zypper ar http://repo.pub.meego.com/home:/wonko/CE_MW_MTF_CE_MW_Shared_armv7hl/home:wonko.repo
zypper in meepasswords
Note that you will be asked if you want to use my download repository. This is because it is not signed yet.

Last edited by Wonko; 2012-05-22 at 10:40. Reason: New version also on apps.formeego.org

Posts: 49 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Paris, France
Originally Posted by Wonko View Post
I just finished version 1.9.2. ...
Thanks for the very quick correction.

I have installed it and tested it and yes the problem is solved ! I was always afraid to add a new entry, now I am reassured that I will not loose all my passwords.

Thank you very much

The Following User Says Thank You to titou1234 For This Useful Post: