Active Topics

Posts: 896 | Thanked: 978 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Greece, Athens
Originally Posted by Dragoss91 View Post
Next time (if will ever be) I will wait 1-2 weeks before updating the firmware , because it seems that PR1.2 brought us more bugs than fixes and features
eL Oh eL

10 chara

I just refrash my N9 with PR1.2 . That's amazing . the phone is very smooth and run faster . The store is faster and also the download . GPS lock-on very quickly with both Maps and Drive

Posts: 355 | Thanked: 245 times | Joined on Jul 2009 @ Northern VA
Originally Posted by Lumiaman View Post
Well, well........my white, made in finland, 64Gb device got bricked this am. Updated to PR1.2 and was doing fine for the past 24 hours, then noticed that I could not download my pdf files from my email and was getting some erratic behaviour with my emails with downloading sign on despite emails being received. This am I turned the device on and yellow warning triangle saying device not working properly, try update or go to nokia care.........................oh well....no wonder Elop went to MS
I don't believe your device is bricked, mine did the same thing too after too many consecutive resets. (Phone battery was dead, plugged into what I thought was a connected charger in my car, and tried turning it on over and over and was like wtf till I realized it wasn't plugged in) Ever since then I get the same triangle and error message on some restarts. If I just reset it again, it runs normally after that error message.

Apparently there is some tracker that will automatically display that message after a series of unsuccessful boots, but by no means is it bricked.

The Following User Says Thank You to ZackMorris For This Useful Post:
Nokia Drive wont run. I've tried power cycling, restoring settings and changing language but Drive just crashes after clicking on the app and seeing the boot screen for ~3 seconds. Maps works fine. Any suggestions?

Originally Posted by Silency View Post
Nokia Drive wont run. I've tried power cycling, restoring settings and changing language but Drive just crashes after clicking on the app and seeing the boot screen for ~3 seconds. Maps works fine. Any suggestions?
i dont know about that problem in detail but what helped for me and the issues i had (somehow still have) was doing a reset and then reinstalling pr 1.2 with NSU. everything works now, but i still notice that pr 1.2 is not as fluid as 1.1...theres something wrong, maybe its because of the new font i dont know

Posts: 55 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Perú.
Originally Posted by Dragoss91 View Post
Next time (if will ever be) I will wait 1-2 weeks before updating the firmware , because it seems that PR1.2 brought us more bugs than fixes and features . Such a big shame , the only thing that stops me to sell the N9 is the look , I love it for how it looks and swipe UI it's amazing , without these I would sell it at half price without any regret just to get rid of this mockery from nokia . So far I don't like android and I hate ios , so I would turn back to N900 or why not one of those simple , very cheap and efficient phones that are used only to call & text and with a huge battery life-time .

Yep, that's the same decision I've made after updating to PR 1.2 the very same day it was out.

Posts: 194 | Thanked: 127 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Manchester, UK
Guys, please read if you haven't already. Especially the bit about PR1.1 based system tweaks and possible affects on your N9 after updating to PR1.2. http://www.developer.nokia.com/Commu...ce=twitterfeed

found a gallery bug: for some reason,pictures show up in gallery but as a blank black space instead of the pix unless they are picture i took from the camera

Singapore, 005. Updated via NSU and it certainly feels faster to me. Only problem I've encountered is the FB/Twitter not refreshing in main screen.

Edit: nevermind. Just had to open the apps and sign in again. All is well. Not sure what all has happened with other guys' phones but despite NSU telling me the update failed (when it boots up after flashing) it has given me good results each time.

Last edited by cincibluer6; 2012-03-01 at 05:02.

Posts: 275 | Thanked: 389 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Sydney
Mentioned it in another thread, but the wife is pretty pissed off about losing the contacts during pr1.2 OTA upgrade.
Has anybody a solution? It looks like only the main contacts are lost but not from other services e.g. facebook.