Notices

Closed Thread
First of all a huge Thanks to frals for the work you have done for us! fmms is already great and it seems to getting better by every new release. I've been following the progress in the background but hadn't found the time to try it out before 0.50. I have to say I'm impressed with the maturity of fmms! Finally my friends can send those really important pictures of a cold beer in the middle of a work day

Originally Posted by metallimake View Post
Is there plans to integrate the "Subject" field when sending mms?

I've also tested the autoconnect feature. Is it normal that the sending and receiv takes longer time compared to manual connection?
I'd like to continue a bit on this though. The way fmms uses the 10 first letters as a subject is ok but as my wife has an iPhone I just noticed that there a received MMS then looks a bit funny at least when the message is short. On the first line is the headline (e.g. "Have you s") and the next line is the received picture and the next line has the message which starts with the same "Have you s...". Not a biggie and works propably better than an empty headline but I thought I'd mention it.

And then another thing metallimake also mentioned. Autoconnect. I must a bit slow but I'm not able to find such a feature from my fmms! Could you help out here? How can I try the autoconnect feature? I'm using Saunalahti in Finland if that matters...

Posts: 547 | Thanked: 1,383 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Stockholm, Sweden
Originally Posted by Shadx View Post
And then another thing metallimake also mentioned. Autoconnect. I must a bit slow but I'm not able to find such a feature from my fmms! Could you help out here? How can I try the autoconnect feature? I'm using Saunalahti in Finland if that matters...
Originally Posted by frals View Post
It's not actually a conf-file, its a gconf-key ;-)

gconftool-2 --set /apps/fmms/exp --type int 1

should do the trick, and to disable it replace the 1 with a 0

EDIT: NOTE: this feature is REALLY experimental, and it might get you weird routes, occupying all the gprs connections and what not - a reboot should clear it in most cases thou (or a simple ifconfig gprs<N> down) in my experience...
(that was 10 pages back so I don't expect people to find it anymore... Maybe time to recreate the thread with a proper first post )
Thanks for testing!

For the people having issues, please, for the love of god, attach the logfile or I have no way of knowing what the problem is (as I said in the first post of the thread) Instructions are in my signature, my email is all over my posts in this thread. Thanks!

Problem with fMMS? Run in x-terminal: cp /tmp/fmms.log /home/user/MyDocs/
After that you'll see fmms.log in filemanager or when you connect the device to your desktop as a mass storage device.
E-mail the log to me, if you don't have the email address, drop me a PM. Thanks!

fMMS - MMS for your N900
fAPN - GUI for adding a new GPRS APN
If you like this post, don't be shy to thank me -->

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to frals For This Useful Post:
Posts: 356 | Thanked: 69 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Poland
Originally Posted by frals View Post
(that was 10 pages back so I don't expect people to find it anymore... Maybe time to recreate the thread with a proper first post )
Thanks for testing!
Hi Frals

dosen't work for me (write if you need report). I did the command but it didnt want to autoconect, morover when I force my phone to conect with MMS APN and tried to send new msg it was sending and sending w/o end (the same after rebooting). Now I did the command with 0 in the and, reboot my phone and fmms work fine again but I have to connect manualy to MMS APN.

kriss

Could anyone help me? I tried to install Fmms but keep getting conflict with python-glade2, Ive tried to install python-glade2 deb file but keep getting error that the package is incompatible. What file of python-glade do I use? How to solve this prob?

The Following User Says Thank You to Romeo0119 For This Useful Post:
Hi Guys

Just wanted to say a huge thanks to frals for fMMS.

It is working seemlessly for me on Vodafone UK. Also, as well as images, I have been able to send and receive audio attachments that are playable direct from message. I was just wondering if there is a list of which audio file formats are compatible?

Cheers

Jack

The Following User Says Thank You to PulsarJack For This Useful Post:
I am using Warid Telecom Pakistan. i have made the APN, i need step by step settings for it. Can anybody please help me? cant send mms; it says my apn settings aren't right

These are the settings which i have done

Warid Pakistan MMS Settings (for iphone and other cell phones)

APN: mms.warid

Username:

Password:

(Username and password are blank for warid Pakistan mms settings)

MMSC: 10.4.0.132/servlets/mms

MMSC Proxy: 10.4.2.1:8080

just need to ask where should i put the MMSC proxy settings?

Posts: 82 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ West Coast, USA
OK I know how to search threads and all but there are 90 pages for this particular subject. I guess what I want to know is what page will I find the best post on how to accurately set this up for T-Mobile?

Or are the instructions explained throughout many pages and many different responses and trials? Is there one post that explains how to set it all up which have been working for the majority of the people?

I'm on T-Mobile USA. I really don't have time to read through 90 pages so if someone could just give me the page number that would be much appreciated. This question is for those who have been frequenting this thread daily.

Thanks guys.

Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland

The Following User Says Thank You to slender For This Useful Post:
Posts: 547 | Thanked: 1,383 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Stockholm, Sweden
Originally Posted by szak5 View Post
These are the settings which i have done

Warid Pakistan MMS Settings (for iphone and other cell phones)

APN: mms.warid

Username:

Password:

(Username and password are blank for warid Pakistan mms settings)

MMSC: 10.4.0.132/servlets/mms

MMSC Proxy: 10.4.2.1:8080

just need to ask where should i put the MMSC proxy settings?
Put it where you specify the proxy for the APN. (Menu -> Settings -> Internet Connections -> etc)

Problem with fMMS? Run in x-terminal: cp /tmp/fmms.log /home/user/MyDocs/
After that you'll see fmms.log in filemanager or when you connect the device to your desktop as a mass storage device.
E-mail the log to me, if you don't have the email address, drop me a PM. Thanks!

fMMS - MMS for your N900
fAPN - GUI for adding a new GPRS APN
If you like this post, don't be shy to thank me -->

Last edited by frals; 2010-02-24 at 08:08.

The Following User Says Thank You to frals For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread

Tags
application, community win, fmms, frals rocks, fralsvsnokia1-0, fremantle, maemo, maemo 5, mms, n900, python