Notices

Posts: 466 | Thanked: 142 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Temple Terrorist, FL
Cool a new build!

I'm busy installing Microsoft C++ 7.0 on DOSBox at the moment, but will try it out asap!

Heh. I spent my entire day off downloading packages and setting up everything for my newly installed OS 2007. I'll probably wait until next weekend to install OS 2008 again (I'm waiting on the next release of Evince for 2008).

BTW: I also prefer OS 2007 for now because the camera program can record video, Scite works with the keyboard, and Abiword, gFTP, and Samba aren't available for 2008 yet (as far as I can tell).

Posts: 1,107 | Thanked: 720 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Germany
these SDL programs are highly os-agnostic. my os2006 games run on os2007 and 2008. this 'chinook' build will also likely run on os2007.

Originally Posted by ArnimS View Post
this 'chinook' build will also likely run on os2007.
It works on 'bora' for me.

As I only used the previous version briefly to install a few applications, and am not much of a gamer, I can only say that the new release seems faster.

I'm really looking forward to seeing what 16-bit software I own works fine on it. So far W4WG 3.11, Masm 6.11d, and MSC++ 7 do.

Linux and DOS\Win16 ... now hopefully a Maemo build of Basilisk II is released to run 680x0 Mac software on our ITs.

Hey guys,
Your work is great. I've been searching for nearly 3 days looking for a way to run a DOS platform on my N800. After finding dosbox and spending a couple hours figuring out how to get it started and get the XKBD keyboard installed i got stuck. I was wondering which directory the dosbox works in. I mean when i write "mount c X:\" what do i replace x with to get to mydocs?
Secondly i am stunned at the ability to run Win95 on the dos. I'm really sorry if this is counterproductive but is this true. If it is true should i try doing it through dosbox? And is there a quicker alternate?
Thank You,
Sorry if this is counterproductive once again,
Nick-

Thanks! It works great on the N810.

Yes, i understand this. I was trying to figure out what the folder is so that i could mount my internal memory card.
Thanks once again

Originally Posted by Nace0 View Post
I was wondering which directory the dosbox works in. I mean when i write "mount c X:\" what do i replace x with to get to mydocs?
At the end of dosbox.conf I put
mount c: /media/mmc2/dos
to assign a directory named dos I have on my SD card to c:

If you want to mount your MyDocs directory as c: use
mount c: /home/user/MyDocs

BTW: Any lines like
set path=
c:\dos\smartdrv.exe
should be put at the end of the dosbox.conf file as well.

Posts: 3,811 | Thanked: 1,151 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ East Lansing, MI
Pure, unadulterated awesomeness ArnimS!!!

Your brain must be ginormous!

Anyway, school and work has me buried but hopefully I can check out your new build on Wednesday.

Many thanks for giving us such a treat with this latest release!

Pop tarts and beer for ArnimS!

EDIT: What needs to be done with the mapper.txt file that came with the download?
I'll need the exact command that needs to be typed in Xterm since I'm incapable of learning anything new on my own.

Thanks.

Last edited by Addison; 2008-01-22 at 16:14.

Posts: 1,107 | Thanked: 720 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Germany
edit /home/user/.dosboxrc or dosbox.conf and set the mapperfile to wherever you have mapper.txt

# mapperfile -- File used to load/save the key/event mappings from.
mapperfile=/home/user/mapper.txt

This gives you the maximise/minimize toggle, and cycles adjustment with +/- buttons.

The latest DosBox build *is* a decent improvement over the older ones, but personally, speed still not satisfying yet, and sound blaster emulation is not happy at higher cycles, so ... i will be sleuthing this stuff.

p.s. This is one case where gp2x community has done no useful optimizations.

The Following User Says Thank You to ArnimS For This Useful Post:
Guys,
Thank you so much for your help.
I cant wait to continue to f0llow your work. Good Luck.
-Nick