Posts: 45 | Thanked: 136 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Hyderabad
Hello friends,

I was facing a strange problem with my Nokia N900, when I tried to unlock the device from sleep mode, the display was still black (like it was powered off or in sleep mode), I tried several times sliding the switch for display to come up but none worked. Then I removed and inserted the battery and pushed the power button, white light came up and then I saw ORANGE light blinked twice and now I cant even see Nokia logo the display was still blank (No backlight, No display), but i can hear Nokia tone, keypad light comming up when I slide the display and also the phone vibrates when i touch the screen.
Then I reflashed the device (holding 'U' key on the keyboard procedure), but still the problem exists.
Then I replaced the flex cable (which conducts the lower and upper parts of the device), and also i tried with other new display and new battery, but still i was facing the same problem(White light followed by orange light blinked twice)..!!!
Please can any one help me fix my problem...??
I forgot to mention that i have also checked the battery terminals with multimeter and it was displaying 4.72 Volts...

No replys...???

Originally Posted by immi.shk View Post
is TV out working?
Don't know, my TV out cable got damaged. need to buy new one.
And one more thing, when i call my phone with other number i can hear ringing tone from other phone, but there was no sound from my N900 (My device might be at language location setting page because i have refalshed it).

Posts: 415 | Thanked: 732 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Finland
I had a similar problem once. In my case it turned out to be something broken in the keyboard slider mechanism so it didn't wake up the screen. Got it repaired in the service.

Originally Posted by timoph View Post
I had a similar problem once. In my case it turned out to be something broken in the keyboard slider mechanism so it didn't wake up the screen. Got it repaired in the service.
Did they tell you what got damaged in your device.?

Maybe the flex is damaged. Happen to me on my Siemens SX66 long time ago, it could boot into Windows Mobile and I cold hear all the botton's sounds. It was the flex

Originally Posted by JorgeFX View Post
Maybe the flex is damaged. Happen to me on my Siemens SX66 long time ago, it could boot into Windows Mobile and I cold hear all the botton's sounds. It was the flex
I thought that might be the problem and replaced with new flex, but still the problem exist...

You could check N900 schematics (wiki page) and determine, where magnet is located, then, give it to some *real* service center, enforcing them to check it first. I said real, as most repair shop guys are lame, and would either only try flashing and propose motherboard replace for ~300$, or, in worst case, damage Your device even more. Remember, that N900 is computer, and any random idiot that threat it as regular mobile phone may bring big problems.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Yeah, I need to find some one who had previous experience and can work with it.