Active Topics

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Ladies and gents...

It's one month to go and Vendors are already kicking of invitations for Barcelona!

March 1st will be great:

Samsung:

HTC:

Jolla:
Mark announced they will be there...Still unknown what they will do. Meanwhile check out Mark kicking some *** from last year: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ippWKnrLe58

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

The Following User Says Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:

Samsung, never ones to shy away from following apple and trying to go one better... They are going to announce their next galaxy phone that comes bent right out of the box.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to MINKIN2 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by MINKIN2 View Post
https://photo.tinhte.vn/store/2015/0...93_unnamed.jpg

Samsung, never ones to shy away from following apple and trying to go one better... They are going to announce their next galaxy phone that comes bent right out of the box.
LoL!

On a more serious note.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
I'm sure that Jolla will talk about SFOS2.0 and the Tablet

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HtheB For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by HtheB View Post
Probobly, you Will find jolla in Hall 5 Stand 5E40.

Mark My words
"This month on the business and marketing side of things we’re working hard on preparing our presence at the biggest mobile industry event Mobile World Congress (MWC) 2015 .

A dedicated Jolla team, with people from different functions, are traveling to (hopefully warm) Barcelona, to show some Jolla love and passion to the MWC crowd! This month we’re working on the general messaging, the whole fair set-up, talking to partners, and planning all the activities on location.

We're also planning to do some community activity there, and we’ll inform more on this when the plans get clearer."

Last edited by Dave999; 2015-02-02 at 21:01.

Posts: 1,478 | Thanked: 9,871 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Shanghai / London
I'm going to MWC this year! So excited. Hope I can meet Jolla guys in person and some pictures of Jolla Tablet.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to chenliangchen For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by HtheB View Post
One would hope they'll do more than talk. If they don't have a close to fully functional hands on with the new UI / tablet, I think end of May / beginning of June is going to be rather unrealistic and see a lot of very disappointed faces ...

I'm looking forward to see how Samsung are going to separate the Galaxy S6 and S Edge in terms of size, spec and marketing. Both should be pretty amazing in performance and battery life terms, using the latest AMOLED screens, LPDDR4 and 14nm FINFET (rumoured) Exynos chips. Will also be curious to see if many competitors announce phones with Exynos chips, or if they'll all just go with Mediatek if not using QC.

Also keen to see how good the latest HTC flagships will be, and whether they can justify the price premium over both their mid range phones and the many Chinese flagships.

Don't think Sony or LG will have much exciting. Both seem to have been screwed by the Snapdragon 810 (and 610 / 615) issues.

Sharp may finally announce a full range for US / EU, which would be fun.

Huawei's latest dual camera phone (which provides surprisingly amazing results) supposedly won't be there, but will have their own in-house 'Kirin' chipset on TSMC's 16nm FINFET process and based on A57 cores.

I'll be curious to see how high Xiaomi go with the international (and domestic) prices of their new flagships. I think they're treading a fine line where people may desert them. There are so many good Chinese OEMs now.

As for Jolla, aside from the previously mentioned, I hope Saarnio wasn't bullshitting in his interview pre-Xmas and they actually do have a hardware partner (or partners) finally, and we see a well specced premium device from a Chinese OEM with quick availability.

P.S. Almost forgot. Will be very curious to see Ubuntu Phone(s). Hopefully Bq, Meizu and LeTV will all have devices there. I'm beginning to feel more optimistic about it after seeing the 'desktop' UI mode they recently introduced.

Last edited by bluefoot; 2015-02-02 at 23:13.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bluefoot For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
LoL!

http://www.seeko.co.kr/zboard4/data/...887398/222.jpg
If the future of the "Galaxy S" series are those Edge-devices.... then Samsung may have just entered a new level of gimmicks.

Why can't we have well designed devices apart from the iPhone (which is so-so)? I mean the SONY Z3 is the best available and it only wins by default.

I'm flattered

The Following User Says Thank You to Kangal For This Useful Post:

Has jolla hired any girls in yellow t-shirts yet? anyway, jolla seems to upgrade their position in Hall 5 Stand 5E40(according to MWC web) to Hall 1, 1F40.(according to Marc)

https://blog.jolla.com/road-mobile-w...5-iteration-2/

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:

Tags
mwc2015