Notices

hi there,

i've used maemo mapper this hollidays, and i'm enjoying gps and discovering a new way to travel, taking a look at sights...

so, the first thing, is that maemo mapper is not connecting itself to the internet when downloading maps... this cause me not to have the full detailled maps needed for my hollidays. (i didn't mention that the dowloading has been aborted due to internet disconnection... )
now i use this tric (given in another post) :
i stream internet radio musing when i'm donwloading areas of maps. this prevent the 770 from disconnection. if music is boring simply turn of the sound...

MY PROBLEM IS :
i have 1GB card, so the temptation is high to take a lot of maps with me... but, is tryed a lot of time (time consuming) to get this.. i downloaded something like 150/200 MB of card. this is something like more than 20.000 maps at level 0. but after that, i mention that some of previously downloaded maps doesn't load anymore. i just see big blocks, or places that are now misplaced.
i tryed this a lot of time, erasing all my datas (the Maps folder) and loading again all the needed maps...

i don't think there is a particular problem with the download. but i think of a limitation of the software/os in the way it manage the large number of files... is it possible ? is it a way not to have this problem ?

second question :
is it a way to get maps and satelites mixed together ?

third question :
i see a lot of people customising the apps. (with dual google address for easy switching with maps/satelites, or local menu for adding POI, loading/saving it, and a side menu indicating gps information that i think are usefull)
will all this customs be merged in one big programm ?

i'm using maemo 2.0 with my 770. i'm very happy with this !